VP - Statutory Reporting
A US Insurance & Reinsurance is looking to hire a senior business partner to prepare quarterly and annual statutory financial states for two insurance companies. This critical SME will primarily interact with Actuarial, Legal, US Corporate Controller, Head of Tax and FP&A.
* Preparation, review, and file quarterly and annual Statutory filings and other required filings.
* Serve as primary contact point for state regulators and promptly and accurately respond to all requests.
* Coordinate efforts with internal groups and external groups to facilitate and gather financial and non-financial information for the use in state filings
* Manage the quarterly closing process; process GAAP to Stat entries
* Perform detail balance sheet review and analysis as well as composition and variance analysis of individual balance sheet accounts
* Prepare cash flow, capital projections and Risk Based Capital for Sr. management; monitor status and communicate capital needs
* Analyze statutory financial results and communicate material changes to Sr. Management
* Research impact on the statutory financial statements and supporting schedules of pending and issued accounting and compliance requirements.
* Establish quarterly financial reporting calendar and communicate deadlines to internal/external audiences
* Ensure compliance with Model Audit Rule and Sarbanes -Oxley Section 404 key controls
* Primary liaison with external auditors and tax advisors
Must have insurance experience - Years of experience: 7-10 with a P&C company
* Strong technical accounting background and solid working experience with Statutory software packages, such as Booke or Wings
* Extensive familiarity with internal accounting controls and objectives; SOX implementation experience a plus
Statutory and Regulatory Reporting Accountant - London
- City of London, London
- 13 days ago
A market leading Lloyd's Syndicate is looking for a Statutory and Regulatory Reporting Accountant. My client is currently going through a finance transformation and as a result, are looking to add to their already highly successful finance function. Key responsibilities will include: Pr... Read More
- New York, USA
- 26 days ago
Oliver James Associates has been exclusively engaged by a NYC based Insurance firm is looking for a Statutory accounting professional, to join their high performing Reporting team in the New York City. This highly visible position will play a key role in the interaction with senior stak... Read More
Senior Statutory Accountant - Insurance
- Atlanta, Georgia
- 27 days ago
Oliver James Associates have been engaged to recruit a Senior Statutory Accountant for a global property and casulty insurance business located in the heart of Atlanta. This high performing team of financial minds works collaboratively to provide a high level of financial support to the... Read More
VP - Business Partner / FP&A Director - Risk Funding
- New York, USA
- 6 days ago
A fantastic position working for a large property and casualty reinsurance business in the heart of Manhattan. This position will be a key finance representative within the business unit and will be responsible for the financial planning and analysis for the finance, sales, operations a... Read More