A US Insurance & Reinsurance is looking to hire a senior business partner to prepare quarterly and annual statutory financial states for two insurance companies. This critical SME will primarily interact with Actuarial, Legal, US Corporate Controller, Head of Tax and FP&A.
* Preparation, review, and file quarterly and annual Statutory filings and other required filings.
* Serve as primary contact point for state regulators and promptly and accurately respond to all requests.
* Coordinate efforts with internal groups and external groups to facilitate and gather financial and non-financial information for the use in state filings
* Manage the quarterly closing process; process GAAP to Stat entries
* Perform detail balance sheet review and analysis as well as composition and variance analysis of individual balance sheet accounts
* Prepare cash flow, capital projections and Risk Based Capital for Sr. management; monitor status and communicate capital needs
* Analyze statutory financial results and communicate material changes to Sr. Management
* Research impact on the statutory financial statements and supporting schedules of pending and issued accounting and compliance requirements.
* Establish quarterly financial reporting calendar and communicate deadlines to internal/external audiences
* Ensure compliance with Model Audit Rule and Sarbanes -Oxley Section 404 key controls
* Primary liaison with external auditors and tax advisors
Must have insurance experience - Years of experience: 7-10 with a P&C company
* Strong technical accounting background and solid working experience with Statutory software packages, such as Booke or Wings
* Extensive familiarity with internal accounting controls and objectives; SOX implementation experience a plus