Working as part of the Senior Finance Team and reporting to the CFO, this role will manage the tax and treasury function for this life insurance client. As the subject matter expert in tax and treasury, you will be expected to stay abreast of changes and identify opportunities for improvement across the business.
- Directs tax planning and compliance in the areas of international, federal, state and local income, premium, and other taxes.
- Manages and oversees the preparation of statutory and GAAP income tax provisions.
- Oversees the external tax accounting firms in the preparation of the Company's tax returns, compliance matters, and special projects.
- Plans, directs and controls short and long-range tax planning strategies and consults with senior management regarding tax issues.
- Manages all tax audits and examinations with regulatory bodies.
- Maintains effective working relationships with the Internal Revenue Service, outside attorneys, public accountants, and government officials.
- Plays a key role in the due diligence, negotiation and integration of mergers and acquisitions.
- Design, implement and document controls in income tax process.
- Invests short-term funds for the Company, and oversees the transfer of funds among financial institutions. Develops corporate and subsidiary investment policies related to short-term funds to balance investment return and security in compliance with regulatory requirements; oversees cash and investment portfolios to maximize return and security
- Oversees all treasury functions, including maintenance of bank relationships, cash and investment management, cash forecasting, debt servicing and compliance, and investment related financial reporting and analysis.
- Develops and maintains financial institution relationships to ensure access to services, capital and credit.
- Oversees the forecasted cash requirements and manages liquidity to be available to meet forecasted needs
- Oversees debt covenant compliance.
- Maintains appropriate insurance coverage for the Company.
- May be assigned other duties as required to support organizational goals and objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, minimum of 10+ years prior experience in accounting tax experience along with CPA or CA Certification.
- Exposure to the life insurance taxation and premium taxes required.
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in Tax software, Excel, Word.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented & ability to multi-task.
- Commercially astute with a collaborative approach to getting the best outcome aligned to compliance.
- Strong stakeholder skills.
- Experience in a fast-paced industry undergoing regular change