A fantastic position working for a large Property and Casualty insurance business in the heart of Chicago. This position will be a key finance representative within the business unit and lead corporate development and M&A.
Reporting to the Head of FP&A, you will be responsible for providing commercial expertise to the business with a focus on strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions and corporate development. More specifically, your role will include but not limited to:
- Oversee the North American strategic planning,
- Prepare presentations for senior management, including the CEO and CFO,
- Analysis of product line & category performance,
- Lead analysis for corporate growth strategies, new business development opportunities, and capital / liquidity generation or deployment alternatives
- Support regional business leaders in reviewing and analysing financial results,
- Lead the development and analysis of financial models,
- Oversee development of strategic and financial analysis such as ROI, discounted cash flow and sensitivity analysis to evaluate decisions and business impact,
- Provide meaningful in-depth commentary to clearly summarise financial results,
- Conduct appropriate due diligence to ensure the reliability of information provided by the potential acquisition targets.
- Identify risk and opportunities,
- Spearhead process improvements across both operations and finance,
- Management of a small team
With experience working in a fast paced global insurance or investment banking business, you will be leading a team focusing on company-wide improvement projects, M&A diligence and integration, competitive bench marking, and other key corporate initiatives.
You will have the confidence and intellectual rigour to challenge a wide range of senior financial and non-financial stakeholders and have genuine board room presence.
In addition, you will be a natural business partner with;
- CA/CPA or similar qualified within a Big4 or Chartered environment is ideal
- 10+ years of experience within the Property and casualty insurance industry OR 7-10 years experience in Investment Banking, Private Equity or Corporate Development.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to Interact and communicate effectively with the Senior Leadership team
- Willingness to be hands on yet promote strategic thinking
If you possess the above skills and would like to discuss in further detail then please contact Christopher Dodds at Oliver James Associates or alternatively apply using the prompts provided.