Due to continued expansion one of my clients is currently looking to recruit an experienced TM1 Developer for their office in The City. They are Global provider of General Insurance and are listed on the FTSE 100. This person will be working closely with the Head of Group Finance as they go through the implementation of IFRS 17 across the Group.
The purpose of this role is to provide technical design, development and implementation of changes to key regulatory financial systems [TM1 / Planning Analytics], in line with EIOPA and internal change requirements whilst maintaining a strong control environment minimising issues with internal and external audit and control functions. The role will also provide BAU support during the key reporting cycles and communication with senior business users and also input, design and implementation of process improvement and project based activities such as Finance transformation and best in class initiatives.
- Development the financial reporting tools required to support the evolving business requirements of the Group, work closely with multiple business users to gather, understand, and interpret financial system requirements
- Provide knowledgeable and timely systems support to financial systems users, particularly during reporting cycles. Also provide focused support and training to business users to enhance the use of the systems developed
- To build, implement and deliver new and enhanced systems solutions to the business
- A focus on efficiency and data accuracy when developing system models
- Contribute to best practice to ensure financial reporting and control policies and procedures are proactively developed. Contribute to the maintenance of good relations with Financial Control and the internal Auditors to ensure compliance of the Groups key financial systems.
- Develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships with GCC IS and key Finance Systems users so as to support relevant knowledge/skill transfer, information sharing and consistent good practice.
- Delivering all services in line with the company's Brand Beliefs and agreed goals.
Timely delivery of regulatory change including working with the Group Regulatory Team to interpret and design changes required to the company's Solvency II solution. Developement of changes and management of change cycles and controls framework to ensure a robust controlled process. Identification and input to process effieciency opportunities and invovlement in transformation activities to delier improvements related to data collection, reporting and reconciliations within the company's Global Financial Systems.
- Genuine interest in financial systems. Strong IBM TM1 [Planning Analytics] development and support experience of financial and regulatory solutions, ideally within an insurance or financial institute
- Knowledge of IBM Controller / FAP an advantage
- A strong understanding of finance / accounting, and business analysis
- Credible and confident communicator at all levels of the organisation
- Able to deliver excellent customer service
- Ability to work under pressure and/or handling difficult stakeholders/customers
- Ability to take ownership of systems implementation and development projects