Test Release Manager
My Financial Services Client is looking for a Release Manager who will be responsible for the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios along with co-ordination of deliveries into the environment management process.
You will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes for changes through development, test, and production environments. The Release Manager function works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments.
- Establish quality procedures, standards and specifications
- Manager and mentor matrixed QA staff
- Establish and monitor QA best practices in an enterprise wide framework across all projects
- Define quality procedures in conjunction with delivery teams
- Conduct process and product audits in support of ISO 9001 and CMMI for development and services practices
- Support the maintenance of core documented processes and procedures
- Work with all program units to promote quality achievement and performance improvement in support of NewWave's quality objectives
- Provide training quality plans, processes, procedures, and templates.
- Document, monitor, and report statuses of corrective and preventive actions
- Support Operating units with quality issues and improvements
- Participate in reviews, walkthroughs, assessments, formal quality audits, and inspections
- Identify impediments to quality and project execution; recommend corrective action items
- Promote/support process improvement initiatives
- Works with our customer and the program team to ensure deliver of a quality solution.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or at least 15 years of experience in the field or a related area
- 7+ years of experience working in an automated testing and quality assurance role
- Developed data-driven test automation framework.
- Implementation of Agile development cadences to achieve automation and test execution within the development sprints.
- Proven ability to develop software QA and testing processes and procedures and achieve high productivity by automating the software testing activities
- Implemented DevOps to orchestrate the execution and reporting of functional, security and performance testing.
- Experience with CMMI for Development and Services to include ML3 and ML4
- Understand how to apply quality standards to software and services
- Familiarity with tools, concepts, and methodologies of quality management
- Understanding of Agile Software Development/Engineering environments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Experience with LEAN / Six Sigma, and/or PMI methodologies a plus
- SAFe Certifcation
- Cucumber, Gherkin, TestRail, Jenkins, Selenium, SoapUI Pro 5.2.1, Load Runner, Quality Center
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visio
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organisational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- High Energy Levels. Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organisational and coordination skills.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.