A mid-range functional Test Analyst assisting in the delivery of the systems required to track and manage the end to end processes. The main responsibilities are to aid the organisation in ensuring delivery of a high quality system that matches end-user expectation.
- Creating and executing functional test cases and recording results. Types of tests will include functional, system, performance, integration, user acceptance and regression testing.
- Collaborating across all levels of the Software Development team both internal and to third parties
- Identifying and reporting issues / risks and progress to the Test Lead
- Using Agile working practices to deliver results, helping the team continually evolve and improve its ways of working
- Actively looking for ways of improving our performance testing processes and approaches and implementing continuous improvements
- Identifying the test scenarios and test data required for testing depending on the requirements
- Strong analytical skills for requirements gathering
- Strong technical aptitude, and a demonstrable background in a testing role
- Ability to understand technical systems and use knowledge to diagnose issues
- Demonstrable planning and organisation skills
- Proven ability to understand technical briefs and create tests from them
- Proven ability to communicate confidently and effectively
- A track record of working in an Agile environment
- Flexible & adaptable in the face of changing priorities or circumstances
- Experience of applying a flexible approach to learning new technologies and ways of working
- Experience of using test management systems (JIRA) and test creation processes (Zephyr)
- Good working knowledge on working with JMeter, postman, Jenkins, GitHub.
- Experience of writing SQL Queries and configuring SQL databases to aid testing
- Experience of command line testing in Linux/Unix