The role of the Technical Specialist, Cloud is based within the Cloud and Compute technical team. The role delivers specialist technical consultancy to projects which are part of strategic and tactical portfolio of work. You will be an SME on Virtualisation technologies including vmWare and Hyper-V. Working on a day to day resolution of incidents or effecting approved changes covering items such as email, file and print servers, application servers, backups and storage management to meet SLAs.
- Knowledge and understanding of infrastructure practices, operations, standards, and frameworks.
- Experience of Operating in a Private and Public cloud technical environment.
- Previous experience implementing and supporting Windows Server based solutions, e.g. Active Directory Forests, High-Availability multi-tier server deployments.
- Must have previous technical experience of Windows Server 2008,2008\R2, 2012 & 2016
- Microsoft Office, System monitoring and reporting, TCP/IP, Veritas NetBackup and Dell Servers.
- Proven experience of networking and communications, routers, firewalling, DNS, DHCP.
- Experience of designing, implementing and supporting Virtualised environments e.g. VMware and Hyper-V.
- Track record of designing, implementing and supporting NetApp shared storage (SAN\NAS) and other Storage technologies.
- Knowledge of Azure Resource Manager (ARM)
- Knowledge of software defined networking (SDN)
- Proven track record in and technical knowledge of entire IT Infrastructure, both Private Cloud and Public Cloud, including Networks, Hyper-V, vmWare, security and compute environments
- Demonstrable experience of operating private and public cloud environments
- SCCM, SCSM, SCVMM, SCOM
- Experience of Azure SQL PaaS
- Experience of Azure Active Directory / AADConnect / Identity Management
- Experience of Azure DevOps / Code Repos / Pipelines
- Preferable experience of app migration to cloud technologies