Technical Architect/ Lead Developer (C#, .Net, Azure)
I'm currently working with an Insurance company who is looking to hire a Technical Architect. The role will be responsible for; the transition of the application portfolio from their data centres to Microsoft Azure cloud, technical change in applications and the re-architecture and deployment in PaaS.
They are open to considering either a hands-on technical architect who has retained strong C# coding skills or a Lead Developer who is responsible for architecture in their current role.
- Analyse enterprise business context to derive solution and technical architecture at program and project scope whilst considering all aspects of solution design i.e. performance, scalability and flexibility.
- Be the main technical interface between the project and enterprise planning team and ensure alignment and adherence to Enterprise Architecture principles, practices and roadmaps.
- Analyse the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Oversee or consult on technical architecture application implementation or modifications.
- Define the technical architectural principles to guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software products.
- Contribute to Internal and 3rd party partner software/technology development processes, standards and deliverables with emphasis on delivering quality throughout the development lifecycle.
- Design of architecture based upon OO, DRY and SOLID principles.
- Design of N-tier applications based on re-use and scalability.
- Review and provide quality control for technology delivery teams (e.g. design/code review).
- Follow a configure before buy, before build principle.
- Azure PaaS (Application Service, Functions, Azure SQL, Service Bus, KeyVault etc)
- Continuous integration and automated deployments within Azure DevOps.
- PowerShell, ARM Templates, Azure CLI, Terraform.
- Design and development of N-tier, SOA & Microservice applications.
- Experienced in Full Life Cycle Development (Agile & Waterfall).
- Knowledge and practical application of Design Patterns and Practises.
Please apply now if you are interested in being considered for this position. All successful applicants will be contacted within 48 hours.