Our client, one of America's leading Insurance Groups, with a reputation for high performance and a culture of excellence and positivity is seeking an experienced and well-rounded Technical Accounting Manager to take over an established Business Unit Finance team of 4 as they embark on this new phase of business growth and as a result of improved market conditions.
It is an exciting opportunity to play a crucial role in the business as they expand and gain a greater market share, both in the domestic and international market place.
You will be at the centre of overall finance delivery with a core focus on delivery of statutory results and managing the team through the general ledger close process.
- Providing accurate and timely information to meet statutory reporting and analysis requirements
- Managing external relationships and key point of contact for any financial related matters - auditors, tax office etc.
- Driving process improvement initiatives alongside Finance/Systems and Projects head
- Review the team's work through the ledger close process and ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Implement financial controls and procedures to support business growth and any changes in business directions
- Lead half year and year end reporting
- Ensure compliance with local listing rules
- Ideally CPA, ACA or MBA qualified
- Minimum 1-2 years managerial experience - in a financial services setting, although will consider 1st time movers from Big 4 (Manager or Senior level)
- Working knowledge of financial instruments - derivatives, fixed income and equities
- Strong presentation skills and reporting writing skills
- Advanced Excel
- Ability to work in a hands-on capacity, equally with forward thinking vision
- Ability to work well with a variety of stakeholders, internally and externally
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and implications on a growing business
- Inspirational leadership style
- Ability to motivate junior staff to the delivery of results
- Collaborative work style