My client is looking for someone that is looking to be a Team Lead for 12 developers (5 in HK and 7 others globally). Strong Java, Multi-Threading, Low Latency, multi-tier real-time application development, Equities and Java ecosystem tech (spring, hibernate etc.) are needed to be successful along with the ability to drive change.
TDD/BDD, continuous delivery and DevOps experience are very useful. English is the only language requirement.
- Lead and drive the overall solution design and technical design activities, leveraging the team and technical experts in the organisation
- Lead a team of 12 individuals distributed globally
- Work closely with stakeholders to manage short term and long-term deliverables
- Deliver excellent Java server-side software solution in a timely fashion. Any software developed is rigorously tested, including automation framework, satisfies the requirements while adhering to the technical design and existing departmental standards and best practices for software development
- Provide support and bug fixing as needed throughout the project lifecycle
- University graduate with working experience in software development, ideally multi-tier, multi-threaded and real-time applications
- Strong knowledge of Java 8 and relational database management systems
- Knowledge of Hibernate, JPA, Spring, Spring Integration, Web services, JMS, Messaging and Oracle PL/SQL
- Knowledge of BDD test frameworks, DevOps toolchain and continuous delivery
- Prior working experience in developing resilient, fault tolerant, low latency platforms
- Recent working experience in investment banking particularly electronic trading, prime synthetic, securities lending, equity repo and collateral trading (A strong technical candidate without banking experience will also be considered).
- Demonstrable track record of delivery
- Excellent communication, both written and spoken in English
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Ability to learn quickly and rapidly assimilate new business requirements
- Sound EQ business knowledge with experience on sales and execution platform
- Prior team leadership experience is helpful
- Knowledge and experience in Disruptor, Oracle Coherence Cache and Solace is a plus
- Working experience in FIX is a plus
- Working knowledge of Fidessa and ULLINK Bridge, IRIS is a plus
- Knowledge of enterprise application integration patterns is a plus
Please apply with an updated CV.