Statutory Financial Accountant
I am currently recruiting for a Statutory Financial Accountant on behalf a globally leading Asset Manager based in the City of London. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly successful finance function and contribute towards the companies progression.
- Participate in the production of statutory accounts at the yearend for all relevant legal entities.
- Produce pro forma quarterly statutory accounts and ensure that required accounting entries are included in the general ledger system.
- Work closely with the financial systems team and the FCA accountant to ensure that data elements in the ledger systems support segmental and regulatory reporting.
- Prepare financial reports to the board on a quarterly basis.
- This involves the maintenance of a clear, concise and accurate analysis of the various bases of reporting used by the company - management information, US GAAP, statutory and regulatory
- Assist in the review of technical and changes to accounting requirements
- Work with the regional/branch accountant to produce regional/stat returns
- Work with the tax team to ensure that tax accounting requirements are properly addressed
- Deal with specific accounting transactions and issues and ensure properly reflected in systems.
- Participate in financial accounting projects as requested.
- With regard to external audit, prepare and provide analyses that facilitate the effective completion of the audit process.
- Ensure SOX controls are carried out and tested appropriately.
- Prepare local regulatory and statutory filings
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of the Asset Management industry
- Good technical knowledge in financial accounting
- Strong Excel skills required with analytical skills for financial reporting and analysis
- Strong organisation and communication skills
- Manchester, Greater Manchester
- 9 days ago
Oliver James Associates is currently supporting a leading specialist in their search for a Financial Accountant. Primarily, the role involves assisting the Director in Finance in relation in reporting within the Group. Please find below some of the roles and responsibilities:- Budgeting... Read More
Statutory Finance Manager - Insurance client
- Hartford, Connecticut
- 17 days ago
A Fortune 500 insurance client is currently recruiting for a Financial Reporting Manager to join their team. The company has been showing exceptional growth year on year and due to outstanding results and are looking to expand their team. Reporting to the Head of Finance you will play a... Read More
Financial Accountant - Insurance - Up to £55,000
- London, England
- 13 days ago
My client, a leading specialist insurer with a presence within the Lloyd's insurance market, are sourcing a Financial Accountant to join their established and growing Finance department. The primary purpose of the role is to assist in the preparation of the monthly close process and dev... Read More
Assistant Financial Accountant - London - Insurance - £40k+
- City of London, London
- 14 days ago
A great opportunity has presented itself with a leading specialty Insurance and Reinsurance business. My client is looking for an Assistant Financial Accountant to join their operations in the City. This is a great chance to build a career with a rapidly growing business that has a pres... Read More