The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Ensure accurate recording of premium data by analyzing and verifying agreement in treaty/policy participation and premium amounts between company and client.
- Ensure accurate recording of loss and loss reserve data by identifying policy, reviewing coverages and entering claim information into the Claims system.
- Maintain claims, accounting and financial records in the documentation system on a daily basis.
- Maintain collection logs/diaries to track collection progress and status reporting. Serve as contact with broker and reinsurers on claim reporting, reinsurance coverage questions, and collection items.
- Prepare and record monthly journal entries and reconciliation on General Ledger accounts.
- Prepare system reports, including General Ledger reports for month-end and quarter-end financial data.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and/or Finance; and/or equivalent work experience is required.
- Excellent analytical skills and above-average math aptitude/ability.
- Ability to accurately research and follow through on complex problem-solving items, as well as initiate resolutions at multiple levels within the organization.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage, prioritize, and effectively meet deadlines working on multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Remain flexible in a fast paced environment and possess a customer focused attitude.
- Proficient PC skills developed through extensive use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Access, and Word in addition to experience and knowledge of accounting software.
- Displays professional demeanour encompassing company's vision and values when working with customers both within and outside the organization.
- London, England
- £40000 - £45000 per annum
- 1 day ago
A leading insurance organisation are looking to hire a Payroll Accountant into their Accountancy team. Working as part of a small team you will be responsible for all aspects of the payroll, including signing off the payroll at the end of the month, handling queries, updating employee f... Read More
- London, England
- £45000 - £50000 per annum
- 4 days ago
Excellent opportunity for a Treasury Accountant to join a leading Insurance organisation. The Treasury Accountant will be responsible for: Day to day cash management Managing the payment process across Europe Managing intercompany funding processes Assist in managing of bank relationshi... Read More
- Mount Laurel, New Jersey
- 11 days ago
A leading insurance provider currently has an immediate position open for a Senior Accountant to join their corporate accounting team. The Senior Accountant will support the Finance team based out their Mount Laurel, NJ location. The accountant will report directly to the Manager of Fin... Read More
- Surrey, England
- £250 - £350 per annum
- 23 days ago
I am currently working with a leading Insurance Broker to source for an Accountant, based in Surrey. This role is focused on providing support to the Central Accounting Manager in delivering effective financial reporting and control. Role requirements; Responsible for timely completion ... Read More