The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Ensure accurate recording of premium data by analyzing and verifying agreement in treaty/policy participation and premium amounts between company and client.
- Ensure accurate recording of loss and loss reserve data by identifying policy, reviewing coverages and entering claim information into the Claims system.
- Maintain claims, accounting and financial records in the documentation system on a daily basis.
- Maintain collection logs/diaries to track collection progress and status reporting. Serve as contact with broker and reinsurers on claim reporting, reinsurance coverage questions, and collection items.
- Prepare and record monthly journal entries and reconciliation on General Ledger accounts.
- Prepare system reports, including General Ledger reports for month-end and quarter-end financial data.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and/or Finance; and/or equivalent work experience is required.
- Excellent analytical skills and above-average math aptitude/ability.
- Ability to accurately research and follow through on complex problem-solving items, as well as initiate resolutions at multiple levels within the organization.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage, prioritize, and effectively meet deadlines working on multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Remain flexible in a fast paced environment and possess a customer focused attitude.
- Proficient PC skills developed through extensive use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Access, and Word in addition to experience and knowledge of accounting software.
- Displays professional demeanour encompassing company's vision and values when working with customers both within and outside the organization.