Due to continued growth my client is looking to add a DBA to their team in order to support the various production environments. This role is based in West Sussex so you will need to live within a commutable distance as there is no scope to work from home in this position. This role is part of a team that manages the SQL Server based production environments.
The technologies supported by the team include:
- Microsoft SQL Server - Required
- Experience of working in .NET
- SSAS and SSIS Experience
- T-SQL, DTS & VB Script
- Provision of support to production environments and batch processing suites, liaising with Application Development as required ensuring incidents are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Perform code and data fix releases into the production environment (all application code changes are made by the Application Development team).
- DBA duties (including housekeeping, health checks, optimisations, capacity planning, backups, user access/security, patching).
- Participating in the building and configuring new servers and hardware migrations/upgrades.
- Upgrading versions of supported software when required.
- Participating in project work as required.
- Production of technical documentation.
- Adherence to Sarbanes Oxley and Audit requirements and team processes & procedures.
- Very strong IT Operations experience in a comparable role
- Good problem solver
- Solution orientated, common sense is key - putting concepts together to find solutions and thrive
- Background can be varied (ideally Financial Services)
- Someone honest and reliable