Market leading provider of IT managed services across the Irish and UK market. They offer career progression for all in a fun and enjoyable working environment that they are cultivating over the last year.
Seeking to add to their (technically gifted) Database Services Team responsible for adhering to the highest standards of database management, monitoring and proactive support across our clients customers in Ireland and the UK.
- Design, install, configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Install, configure and manage Reporting Services and Replication Solutions (Always On, Mirroring, Log Shipping, SQL Data Replication).
- Autonomy to analyse, solve and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Automate and efficently refine regular processes, track issues and document changes.
- Work individually and as part of a team.
- Have a proven track record (proactive attitude) in trouble shooting and problem solving.
Education and experience
- 3-5+ years MS SQL Server administration experience required.
- Experience with performance tuning and optimisation.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
- Experience with migrations of SQL Server between versions and/or servers.
- MCSA or MCSE Certifications.
- Oracle database administrator
- Plus is a knowledge of windows operating system essential - knowledge of Linux and UNix platforms an advantage.