As the SQL DBA, you will be responsible for the administration of all the company's on premise and cloud based SQL Server database software.
Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for the SQL Server database environments including design and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance, and research & development to ensure continual innovation.
- Assist project teams from a technical perspective throughout the project lifecycle, including requirements, technical analysis, design and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out solutions.
- Maintain SQL Server infrastructure in order to meet SLA and performance metrics.
- Ensure the security, integrity of the systems.
- Planning and implementation of upgrades.
- Ensure systems are at current optimum recommended software levels.
- Responsible for providing support and skills coaching for other team members.
- Keep up-to-date on current technology and makes recommendations to management.
- Produce management reporting information as requested.
- Identify, recommend and implement improvements that will improve the company's processes, controls and procedures.
- Work within a team to provide support and cover for the department within the agreed departmental service hours.
- Adopt industry best practises.
- Ability to work outside hours
- To communicate and liaise with all levels of staff.
- Any other duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of :
- Microsoft SQL Server including T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS
- Microsoft Azure or other vendor cloud services
- TFS \ VSTS
- VMware or other virtualisation technologies
- Proven technical skills demonstrated through industry standard qualifications or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to prioritise work and activities to service our Departmental and Business objectives.
- Demonstrate an ability to think both strategically and tactically depending on circumstance.
- Understanding and working experience of SAN technologies.
- Produce documentation to best practise and company standards.
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation.
- Good communications skills.
- A good understanding of ITIL.
- Practical skills / knowledge of :
- Microsoft Dynamics/CRM
- Scripting (Powershell, VB etc)
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Data Warehousing including data integration technologies (Informatica).
- Other database technologies (Oracle, DB2, NoSQL etc).
- Project management skills.
- Industry recognised certifications.
- ITIL Foundation or higher qualification.
- Current driving license.