SQL Application Support Developer - Wakefield - 1 Day Work From Home
Opportunity to join a business growing through a growth period across the technology team with further investment into their product development and support teams.
You would be joining a team of 5 who work very closely with a wider development and product team of 40 people across new product development, product support, infrastructure and testing.
This role would be one of 2 SQL specialists in the team, supporting issues that may arise with data extraction from their clients databases. The team has a career path either in this team or to move into the product development team. This position has arisen as a team member has recently moved into the C# .NET team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Follow a methodical process to identify where a fault occurs
- Correct the fault where possible or escalate to relevant department when not able to fix
- Document the fault to help trace similar faults in the future
- Build / design software which can assist in the fault tracing process where possible
- To provide feedback and progress reports to the department manager on issues being investigated
- Log time spent investigating and correcting issues to assist in the identification of faulty systems
Your skills will include:
- Microsoft Office products, both usage and integration with developed solutions.
- Experience with SQL Development, SQL Application Support, T-SQL etc
- A practical appreciation of Microsoft Windows Operating systems (server and workstation)
- Ability and willingness to take on varied work including BAU and new development.
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts in clear language to non-technical people.
- Ability to clearly document work and processes and to instruct other people in performing complex tasks.
- System analysis and design.
- Excellent communication skills to fully understand, question and report on work requests.
- Good time management with particular reference to business priorities and deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
The business is located just off the M1 and offer free parking. They offer a day work from home with flexible working on a daily basis. The business also offer benefits including 26 days holiday, pension and training budgets.