I am currently recruiting for a Solutions Architect on behalf of a Client I am working with who are Birmingham based. The successful candidate will work alongside business stakeholders, the change team and operational teams to ratify and translate business requirements into fit-for-purpose and use IT solutions that align with the business and IT strategy, principles, standards, policies, architecture road maps and industry best practice.
The role produces holistic solution and IT service designs and works closely with delivery and operations teams to ensure these designs are understood, are translated into lower level design and implementation artefacts, and ultimately delivered into a production solution.
- Translate business requirements into IT solutions which align with the business and IT strategy, principles, standards, policies, architecture road maps and industry best practice by:
- Validating business requirements and understanding business needs
- Identifying, assessing and describing solution options
- Scoping and governing feasibility assessments
- Assessing effort, risk, costs and complexity for IT solutions
- Translating information and cyber security requirements into suitable technical controls
- Creating solution and service designs and architecture models
- Balancing functional, service quality, systems management and operational requirements
- Defining and assessing the impact of non-functional requirements
- Providing implementation oversight and governance
- Providing technical and architectural leadership
- Contributing to the definition of IT strategy, principles, standards, policies and road maps
- ERP (Finance/HR/Commercial) applications or Business Data experienced background
- Communication: Excellent customer facing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Applies an analytical approach
The business offers a flexible working environment with flexible working hours daily and a day from home weekly. They also offer excellent benefits including pension and private medical for you and your spouse plus parking. The office environment is excellent and the staff are very friendly. The business offers plenty of scope for individuals to carve out a successful career.