Senior Finance Manager - Insurance
Please get in touch if interested!
- Review of monthly and quarterly US GAAP/IFRS reporting.
- Annual preparation of statutory financial statements for various European entities
- Quarterly and annual preparation of Solvency II returns.
- Supporting corporate group accounting team on specific accounting areas.
- Coordination and preparation of annual tax filings including calculation of quarterly provisions.
- Ensure consistent application of financial controls across all aspects of the reporting function.
- Keep up to date with any regulatory or statutory developments and preparation of technical papers on such areas.
- Oversee the preparation of board and audit committee papers on a quarterly basis.
- Facilitate statutory and regulatory audits.
- Ad hoc assistance with completion or management of projects across the global finance team.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with 5+ years post qualification experience.
- Previous experience of financial services within (re)/insurance industry experience a requirement
- Technically strong accountant with good understanding of relevant accounting standards and experience in the preparation and review of financial statements.
- Previous Solvency II experience and technical knowledge preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a strong level of attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive team player with the ability to work independently, while also confident liaising with stakeholders from different departments and geographical locations to resolve issues.
- Demonstrate personal responsibility for timely completion of tasks within tight deadlines.
- Flexible and capable of achieving results in a changing work environment.
- Aptitude for technology, different accounting software skills and understanding of finance related IT processes.
- Strong team management skills and effective organization/planning of work schedules