Job Title: Service Desk Analyst
Reports to: Service Desk Team Lead
Grade: Staff Member (SM)
This role will report to the Service Desk Team Lead within the IT Department. As a member of the IT Run Team, you will provide operational support to the IT Department in an efficient and professional manner and in accordance with the agreed procedures and service standards. Your role will contribute to the overall success of the IT Department in achieving its objectives as part of overall Company Strategy.
1 Working with the Service Desk Team Lead and IT Manager - Run, support the 'business as usual' (BAU) operation and maintenance of the IT systems, including but not limited to:
* As a member of the Service Desk, act as first point of contact for end users; logging and resolving Incidents and Service Requests in line with agreed SLAs
* Providing desktop, application, VC and telephony support to a diverse user base across multiple UK offices
* Reassigning tickets for 3rd line support to internal IT teams and external vendors, monitoring progress through to resolution
* Escalating high priority incidents to IT Management, ensuring excellent user communication is maintained and expectations are accurately set
* Managing user accounts via Active Directory and Exchange - starters/leavers, mailbox configuration, permission changes etc.
* Carrying out hardware builds, deployments and maintenance
* Conducting floor walks for the proactive identification and resolution of IT issues and requests
2 Work closely with colleagues in the IT department to support the transition of knowledge and capabilities to the Service Desk to increase the number of tickets that can be resolved at first line
3 Contribute to the internal Problem Management process to identify and resolve the root causes of persistent incidents
4 Maintain a rich and concise IT knowledge base to serve as a source of IT information for business users, and to facilitate knowledge sharing and retention within the Service Desk team.
5 Actively contribute to/participate in the IT transformation programme to enable IT to support the agreed business goals.
1 Enthusiastic, hardworking and driven individual with a focus on providing the best possible service.
2 Knowledge of any of the following is desirable:
* Advanced MS Office
* Network troubleshooting
* Thin Client/ VDI support
* Printer maintenance
* PC builds - BIOS and registry configuration, software installations
* VOIP and mobile telephony
* ITIL Service Management
3 London Market Insurance experience beneficial but not essential.
4 Can demonstrate ability to work in a busy office environment, prioritise and organise workload in order to meet deadlines.
5 Able to learn and take on new tasks quickly and use own initiative to explore possibilities before raising queries.
6 Demonstrates pride in delivering excellent, quality service and endeavours to exceed expectations.
7 Attention to detail in producing high quality output and bale to maintain this when under pressure.
8 Excellent communication skills with confidence to ask questions to ensure job requirements and underwriting matters are understood.
9 Commitment to identify opportunities to increase efficiency and quality of operational support evidenced through previous achievements.
10 Proactive, showing initiative when completing tasks by pre-empting issues and proposing solutions for them.
11 Confidence in building rapport and trust with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
12 Academic qualifications, A-Level's preferred. GCSE Mathematics C Grade upwards required.
13 High computer literacy and able to demonstrate intermediate use of Excel and Office.
14 Confidence in working unsupervised and as part of a team to achieve personal and team objectives.
15 Flexible approach to work with a strong desire to learn and study towards relevant industry qualifications.