Senior Valuation Actuary - Life Reinsurance
Oliver James Associates have been engaged by a leading Reinsurance client in Dublin to recruit a Senior Life Valuation Actuary.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years experience in Life (re)insurance and experience of Solvency II
Our client is a leading, international Reinsurance organisation. The company is looking to enhance their Actuarial function in Dublin with a Qualified Life Actuary with strong Reserving/Solvency II knowledge.
You will join a friendly and supportive team, in a role that offers generous remuneration and clear career progression. You will work with colleagues globally including Paris and HongKong.
Location: Dublin with flexible working arrangements
Annual base salary:90,000-120,000 EUR depending on experience
Role: Support the consolidation of the quarterly technical provisions for the Life business in Dublin.
Responsibilities include (not limited to):
- Assist with production of TPs and QRTs
- Assist with the production of Reserving reports and interact with international business units.
- Enhance the solvency II closing process
- Propose Best Estimate Assumptopn updates
- Review the calculation of Best Estimate Reserves for SII and MCEV and the calculation of Statutory Reserves for USGAAP and IFRS 17
Projects: You will be a key contact in major projects relating to Reserving and Consolidation:
- Support Infrastructure Team during the new Overlay Tool modernisation and Centralised Database building phases
- Support IFRS 17, US GAAP LDTI implementation
- Mentor, guide and spread both technical and operational knowledges with other team members in the use and development of models and tools and in the methodolical impacts of IFRS17 and US GAAP LDTI
- Propose innovative improvements on both tools and methodology
- Ensure a robust control framework by automation of validations
Skills and Experience:
- Qualified Actuary with 5+ years working experience in Life (re)insurance - reserving, valuation or pricing
- Knowledge of MoSes/Risk Agility FM, AXIS, R and Business Objects reporting would be an advantage
- Reinsurance knowledge would be beneficial
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in English
- Able to fit into dynamic structure
- Keen to work with other colleagues from other geographical locations/Cultures.
Apply today! or contact Chris Armstrong at Chris.Armstrong@ojassociates.com with a copy of your CV
Oliver James Associates specialise in Actuarial Recruitment globally. Contact Chris.Armstrong@OJassociates.com for a confidential discussion about your career.
Senior Actuary - Reinsurance - Non-Life, Reserving
- Dublin, Republic of Ireland
- €75000 - €90000 per annum
- 18 days ago
One of the world's leading reinsurance companies is expanding their Actuarial team in Dublin. The business is looking for talented non-life actuaries with 5+ years experience, ideally in reserving, to join them. The role offers great career progression, learning, and the potential for i... Read More
Senior Life Actuary / Deputy HoAF
- Republic of Ireland
- 18 days ago
Are you a Qualified Life Actuary with significant experience in a Corporate actuarial Function? Do your career aspirations include becoming the Head of Actuarial Function (HoAF) for a leading insurance business? This Ireland based opportunity could be the one for you! A leading internat... Read More
Life Actuary - Financial Risk - Senior
- Dublin City Centre, Dublin
- €90000 - €110000 per annum
- 25 days ago
Our client, a highly regarded Insurance business in Dublin, is looking for a Senior Financial Risk Actuary to join their Risk team in Dublin! Our client is a well-known, multinational Life Insurance business based in Central Dublin. The business is looking for a senior Financial Risk Ac... Read More
Reinsurance Pricing Actuary
- City of London, London
- £70000 - £100000 per annum + bonus + benefits
- about 1 month ago
Fantastic opportunities to join market leading teams in senior analytical and client facing positions. I'm looking for highly-driven, commercial individuals with strong reinsurance pricing experience for various opportunities within the Lloyd's/London Market. If you're looking for a rol... Read More