I am looking for a Senior Test Manager for a market-leading Insurer based in Bristol.
As a Senior Test Manager, you'll join an existing programme making significant changes across the IT infrastructure. You will be accountable for testing across the delivery process, leading the test activity and providing advice and consultancy to the programme, to demonstrate that the software functions as expected.
You'll have the opportunity to work with third parties and be part of a fast-growing external network of testing professionals, sharing ideas and bringing the best ones back into our client's IT department to help us get even better.
From day 1 you'll be making a difference by:
- Leading the planning and execution of quality assurance activity across your assigned programme, across all functional/non-functional test types.
- Driving the use of modern test practices, using your experience to evolve our test processes, approaches and capabilities.
- Keeping the customer and their needs at the centre of everything you do by advocating quality throughout the programme.
- Learning lessons and help us to get better in the future.
- Guiding software quality specialists and ensuring lessons learnt are shared across the Assurance community. This could include specific specialisms, such as Automation, BDD or Performance Engineering.
- Supporting less experienced colleagues through coaching and mentoring.
- Experimenting with new approaches.
- Developing and guiding the careers of more junior members of the team.
- Understanding and embracing the value of diversity within our teams.
- Acting as a positive advocate for the test service and the evolution of test practices.
We're looking for people who love testing; we want you to be able to show us that you live testing as much as us. Join our client's community by demonstrating:
- You have significant experience working in at least one of software delivery methodology - V-Model, Agile, Waterfall etc.
- Knowledge of various quality standards in use throughout the industry.
- Your experience leading within and across more than one test type throughout the delivery lifecycle.
- Deep understanding of the use & management of testing tools and automation software.
- An awareness of behaviour driven development and test driven development.
- Significant knowledge of key factors influencing our business & the IT industry.
- Knowledge of business unit, change &/or IT or NFT operating model or automation frameworks.
- Analysis, planning, scheduling & co-ordination aligned to strategic awareness applied to all aspects of the role.
- In depth understanding of how to define & manage risks, issues & interdependencies as they relate to projects/programmes.
- You can work closely with other roles and teams.
- Shown ability to instigate & lead change initiatives within own area/community & across the global organisation.
- Building and using networks of internal & external contacts.
- Superb interpersonal skills - the ability to communicate with people at all levels of the organisation.
- Proven commercial acumen.
If you are interested, please send us your with your contact number and we will get back to you as soon as possible.