Senior Test Analyst
As a Senior Automation Test Analyst, you will lead the effort to build, implement, maintain and use new test frameworks and or extend existing frameworks, enabling end-to-end testing in multi-component environments. This role involves working with other test analysts and colleagues from across the organisation, including suppliers, to design and develop a reusable architecture for the test automation.
- Influence the direction of the automation effort, and its scheduling and prioritisation.
- Support and improve the test processes, environments, and scripts, ensuring that tests provide high quality code assurance
- Work closely with manual test team to understand priorities and goals
- Document and improve test automation strategies for reference across the business
- Design automation frameworks and plan and implement automation test script, integrating with appropriate test management tools
- Provide a practical approach to complex product testing, specifically in the areas of the automation of test cases for the purposes of regression testing.
- Review product requirements, functional and design specifications to determine and prepare automated test cases.
- Work closely with various project and infrastructure team members to understand testing objectives and ensure that problems are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Actively seek information from across projects, seek opportunities for automation and supply advice and arguments for/against each automation opportunity
- Lead on and offshore automation testers to ensure the execution and verification of reports created by the various products and services used by the organisation.
- Provide robust test strategies and briefs for automation teams to work against
- Identifying and reporting issues / risks and mitigations
- Support and create metrics and traceability for testing
- Provide upwards progress reporting on a regular basis
- Actively looking for ways of improving our automation processes and approaches and promoting a continuous improvement culture.
Required Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in leading automation testing across a multiple product environment
- Demonstrable expertise in being creative and proactive within a complex testing environment
- Understanding of data interrogation principles
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration methodologies esp. Jenkins
- High level knowledge of automation tools esp. Selenium with Java, Cucumber, Maven
- Strong team working skills - good at drawing out key requirements and influencing outcomes
- Proven ability to make use of current technologies to provide extensible automation infrastructures, and an interest in learning about new approaches and future technologies.
- Understanding of Agile methods and project environments
- Self-organised and motivated, even during periods of ambiguity or constant change
- Experience of project or initiative management
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to understand complex technical systems and use knowledge to diagnose issues and propose effective solutions
- Proven ability to understand technical briefs and create innovative tests from them
- Flexible & adaptable in the face of changing priorities or circumstances
- Experience of using test management systems (JIRA) and test creation processes (Zephyr)
- Ability to support and create metrics and traceability for testing
- Ability to clearly document own processes and procedures for others to understand
- Experience of writing SQL Queries and configuring SQL databases to aid testing and experience of command line testing in Linux/Unix
- ISEB/ISTQB Level 1 or equivalent experience
- ISEB/ISTQB Level 2 and/or 3
Senior IT Business Analyst
- Salford, Greater Manchester
- 13 days ago
We are looking for an IT Analyst to be part of a complex and exciting Operations programme for our client based in Greater Manchester. The role will predominantly support the Programme Manager in developing, designing and delivering end-to-end application and platform migration projects... Read More
Senior Security Analyst
- Dayton, Ohio
- US$88000 - US$100000 per annum
- 22 days ago
Job Title: Senior Analyst, IT Security Type of Position: Full-time Employee Basic Purpose/Function: The Senior Security Analyst will manage, monitor, and review Information Security toolset and their byproducts. Responsibilities include: Protect and Defend - Uses data collected from a v... Read More
Senior Information Security Analyst - Fortune Listed Co.
- London, England
- £45000 - £50000 per annum + Car, pension, bonus, extras
- 29 days ago
Oliver James Associates seek to recruit a Senior Information Security Analyst for their global Fortune listed client - a recognised leader in the information healthcare services sector based in London. The role pays up to £50,000 plus pension, bonus and flexible benefits. Oliver James A... Read More
Technical Business Data Analyst
- City of London, London
- 4 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for you in that we are looking for a Technical Business/Data Analyst hybrid on behalf of a leading Consultancy based in the City of London. The right candidate will have these technical skills: * Experience of working with data, including database managem... Read More