Senior Test Analyst
The Senior Test Analyst leads the effort to build, implement, maintain and use new test frameworks and or extend existing frameworks, enabling end-to-end testing in multi-component environments. This role involves working with other test analysts and colleagues from across the organisation, including suppliers, to design and develop a reusable architecture for the test automation.
- Influence the direction of the automation effort, and its scheduling and prioritisation.
- Support and improve the test processes, environments, and scripts, ensuring that tests provide high quality code assurance
- Work closely with manual test team to understand priorities and goals
- Document and improve test automation strategies for reference across the organisation
- Design automation frameworks and plan and implement automation test script, integrating with appropriate test management tools
- Provide a practical approach to complex product testing, specifically in the areas of the automation of test cases for the purposes of regression testing
- Review product requirements, functional and design specifications to determine and prepare automated test cases.
- Work closely with various project and infrastructure team members to understand testing objectives and ensure that problems are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Extensive experience in leading automation testing across a multiple product environment
- Demonstrable expertise in being creative and proactive within a complex testing environment
- Understanding of data interrogation principles
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration methodologies
- High level knowledge of automation tools esp. Selenium with Java, Cucumber, Maven
- Strong team working skills - good at drawing out key requirements and influencing outcomes
- Proven ability to make use of current technologies to provide extensible automation infrastructures, and an interest in learning about new approaches and future technologies.
- Understanding of Agile methods and project environments
- Self-organised and motivated, even during periods of ambiguity or constant change
- Experience of project or initiative management
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to understand complex technical systems and use knowledge to diagnose issues and propose effective solutions