My client is active in business finance, asset leasing, accounts receivable financing, stock financing and credit management. My client is active in 4 European countries (UK, Germany, France and the Netherlands) and has the ambition to further expand its position abroad.
Do you want to help build a leading West European Factoring & Leasing Company? Do you like innovation, variety, challenge and are you a team player? Do you enjoy working in a diverse and international team?
They are looking for a Senior Tax Accountant, who would like to play a role in the further development of the Accounting department, in order to contribute to the further growth of the company.
The Accounting department is responsible for all (Tax) Accounting & Financial Reporting processes. As a Senior Tax Accountant you are responsible for preparing the VAT returns for all countries where my client conducts business. In this role you will closely work together with your Accounting and Group Tax colleagues. Finally, you are the contact person for VAT related questions.
You will also play an active role in drawing up or improving various guidelines within my client and the Accounting department with the clear aim to improve the VAT return. In addition, you will be responsible for improving the SAP based BW report which supports the VAT return in close co-operation with IT.
My client uses an internal control environment in which it is important that the key controls are maintained. It is also important that the work instructions (SOPs) are up to date and that the End User Designed Applications (EUDAs) are used in a controlled manner. In the role of Senior Tax Accountant you make an important contribution to maintaining this internal control environment.
Your working environment:
The Accounting department is part of the Finance team and is an English speaking team of approximately 25 colleagues. Some of the keywords that apply to the team are teamwork, challenge, self-development, and self-direction. As a team we are working hard to become a future-proof Finance department. The aim is to get one step better every day.
The department works closely with other departments such as Sales, Contracting, Administration Services and IT. Important for all employees is a customer-oriented attitude in which we arrange financial matters for our customers as quickly and efficiently as possible, supported by the right systems.
- Master's degree in Accounting, Tax Law or Fiscal Economics;
- A minimum of approximately 3 years of VAT tax accounting experience in a multinational;
- Detailed working knowledge of EU VAT requirements;
- Pro-active and self-starting personality with advanced adaptability and analytical thinking;
- Experience with internal control guidelines and compliance requirements;
- Knowledge of and quickly confident with accounting systems (preferably SAP).
- Works closely with colleagues in the department;
- Participates actively in work meeting (s);
- Strong influencing skills and cultural awareness and stakeholder management;
- Maintains good relations with colleagues;
- Informs his manager of the results and progress of the work.
- At minimum NT 2 level for Dutch;
- Knowledge of German and / or French is an advantage.