Senior Tableau Developer - Chicago - 6 Month Contract to Hire
Seeking a Sr. Tableau Developer for one of my P+C clients in Chicago. This position is responsible for the development and maintenance of data warehouse and analytical environments to support financial, management and statutory reporting requirements along with enhancing and facilitating corporate decision-making capabilities.
- Lead small developer groups in the creation and delivery of reporting and analysis solutions.
- Analyze business requirements and work with client areas to produce functional specifications for use as reference in creation of the reporting and analytical solutions.
- Maintain existing business reporting and analytical solutions by providing production support for troubleshooting and regular processing needs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with business customers to identify and develop additional analytic and reporting capabilities.
- Train and assist users with use of the business intelligence and analytic toolsets.
- Provide guidance in the creation of reporting and analytical solutions.
- 4-6 years of Tableau development experience required
- Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent certifications in technical system design.
- Two or more years' experience with Tableau, preferably within an Insurance environment.
- Experience designing Tableau dashboards using maps, LOD, actions, parameters, etc.
- Experience working with Tableau 10.5 or later Ability to create custom SQL for dataset creation and troubleshooting
- Ability to drive insight by logically designing visualizations to increase data absorption
- Flexibility developing dashboards with minimal design requirements
- Experience with Tableau server, administrative functions, organizing/ project owning Familiarity with Rest API a plus
- Experience integrating Tableau into various external environments (such as websites, SharePoint, etc.) a plus Advanced SQL skills
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems and to work independently on multiple tasks
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with technical and non-technical associates
If interested, please respond with an updated resume.