Senior Statutory Accountant - Insurance
Oliver James Associates have been engaged to recruit a Senior Statutory Accountant for a global property and casulty insurance business located in the heart of Atlanta.
This high performing team of financial minds works collaboratively to provide a high level of financial support to the organization's business leaders.
IN this role you will work with Director of Statutory Reporting to comply with all aspects of statutory reporting requirements for the U.S. based entities.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual statutory financial statements and supporting schedules including: Schedule D, Schedule F, Schedule P, Schedule T, State pages, Insurance Expense exhibits.
- Preparation of the statutory management discussion and analysis for State insurance departments.
- Preparation of materials regarding regulatory inquiries and data calls.
- Review and maintenance of statutory accounting process to ensure data availability and accuracy.
- Design and implementation of process and system improvements in relation to the statutory reporting process.
- Execution and compliance with internal control policies and procedures over statutory reporting including compliance with model audit rule.
- Substantial interaction with independent audit firm in completion of annual statutory audits.
- Assist with researching and documenting technical accounting matters and monitoring emerging accounting standards under statutory reporting regulations
- Other responsibilities and ad hoc projects as assigned
Desired skills and qualifications:
- An internationally recognized accounting qualification with at least 5 years progressively responsible statutory accounting and reporting experience
- Experience in drafting MD&A for statutory filings is a prerequisite.
- Detailed understanding and significant practical statutory accounting experience related to the preparation of Schedules F, P and T.
- Ability to research emerging statutory accounting issues
- Exceptional Excel skills and experience with WINGS statutory reporting software preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and highly motivated and committed individual.
- A proven ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and respond to changing priorities.
If you posses the right skills and experience and want to progress please click apply now or send your details directly to email@example.com or apply using the prompts provided.
- New York, USA
- 26 days ago
Oliver James Associates has been exclusively engaged by a NYC based Insurance firm is looking for a Statutory accounting professional, to join their high performing Reporting team in the New York City. This highly visible position will play a key role in the interaction with senior stak... Read More
Statutory and Regulatory Reporting Accountant - London
- City of London, London
- 12 days ago
A market leading Lloyd's Syndicate is looking for a Statutory and Regulatory Reporting Accountant. My client is currently going through a finance transformation and as a result, are looking to add to their already highly successful finance function. Key responsibilities will include: Pr... Read More
Senior Syndicate Accountant - Insurance - Up to £90,000
- City of London, London
- 21 days ago
I have been instructed to source a Senior Syndicate Accountant on behalf of a highly rated syndicate within the Lloyd's market. My client is looking for someone with strong pedigree and experience to join their close-knit and collaborative team. The successful individual will be respons... Read More
VP - Statutory Reporting
- Hartford, Connecticut
- 13 days ago
A US Insurance & Reinsurance is looking to hire a senior business partner to prepare quarterly and annual statutory financial states for two insurance companies. This critical SME will primarily interact with Actuarial, Legal, US Corporate Controller, Head of Tax and FP&A. Essential Fun... Read More