Support the Head of Risk - Wealth, working as a Risk Management team of 2, to manage the UK Risk Function within the Wealth business areas (including all appropriate underlying legal entity responsibilities)
Support the Head of Risk - Wealth, working as a Risk Management team of 2, to manage the UK Risk Function within the Wealth business areas (including all appropriate underlying legal entity responsibilities, associated companies in the UK, plus CLI in IoM and CLIAI in Dublin) on a day-to-day basis to deliver strategic risk objectives and support the business in the execution of its strategy, and with sufficient seniority to deputise for the BP in either business unit as workloads demand.
With the Head of Risk - Wealth, apply CLL's Enterprise Risk Management Framework to facilitate effective and appropriate risk management across the business, encourage an appropriate risk culture and meet the needs of the full range of stakeholders (including regulators).
What you'll do
- Risk Management Framework: Support the Head of Risk - Wealth in championing the three lines of defence model for risk management across Wealth business areas, to support the implementation, embedding and maintenance of all aspects of an effective, pragmatic and appropriate enterprise risk management (ERM) framework, aligned Life's ERM framework, and including:
- Risk strategy, consistent with the business strategy and business objectives
- Risk universe
- Risk appetite framework
- Risk policies
- Risk oversight and assurance
- Risk identification, assessment, measurement, measurement and reporting
- Risk function charter
- Support the Head of Risk - Wealth in managing the Risk Function, their engagement with the full range of stakeholders and in providing appropriate and relevant reporting to the various Boards and Committees
- Risk Management Framework: Support the Head of Risk - Wealth in ensuring that the implementation of the ERM framework is compliant with relevant regulations and meets the wider expectation of regulators, relative to peer companies.
- 2nd Line Oversight, Advisory: Alongside the Head of Risk - Wealth, support the development of appropriate methodologies and processes for ensuring financial stability i.e. ORSA. Providing Risk challenge and oversight as required.
- 2nd Line Oversight, Advisory: Support the Head of Risk - Investments in contributing to risk input to material business decision-making, including due diligence on potential business M&A transactions, focussing particularly on oversight and challenge of the nature of risk exposures, capital requirements and governance and their subsequent impact on CLL.
Who you are
- Experience in the life insurance industry.
- Knowledge of enterprise risk management and the relevant regulations, including the technical aspects relating to the quantification and analysis of a wide range of risks
- Experience of embedding and maintaining an enterprise risk management framework
- Experience of second line of defence risk oversight activities
- Strong communication skills, demonstrating a clear and articulate standard of written and verbal communication in a complex environment, tailored for all levels of management, including Board level
- Strong influencing skills, with experience of engaging with Boards and senior management in order to get desired outcome
- Good interpersonal/networking skills, with the ability to maintain a variety of relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Proven track record at delivering reporting requirements under tight time pressure with attention to detail
- Self-motivated, well-organised, pragmatic and able to perform tasks independently.
- Relevant Risk Management, Finance or Investment (i.e. IMC) management qualification.