The role of Reinsurance Accountant will report to the Financial Controller, Reinsurance Division.
The key responsibilities include:
· Manage day to day working relationship with the brokers and clients specifically relating to queries and analysis on client statements.
· Preparation of monthly and quarterly accounts on a transaction basis and reporting same to the senior management team.
· Preparation of variance analysis explaining transaction results versus prior periods and or budget, including the preparation of MD&A documents for senior management review.
· Establish sound accounting processes and procedures for new reinsurance transactions written through CL Re Dublin.
· Ensure transaction accounts are settled in a timely manner and liaise with treasury personnel to ensure sufficient liquidity is available to facilitate settlements or to advise of incoming receipts to facilitate investment.
· Reconciliation of accounts to the general ledger system, ensure third party backup is available to support all balances and entries.
· Adhere to all internal controls over the financial reporting process.
· Prepare and maintain complete and accurate documentation files on all processes and procedures associated with the role.
· Meet all local and group financial reporting requirements for each transaction within required deadlines;
· Facilitate and assist with provision of information to internal and external audit teams in order to facilitate appropriate audit of transactions.
The ideal candidate will be:
· A qualified accountant with 3+ years' experience in a finance related role of an insurance or reinsurance entity.
· Assertive, self-motivated with the capacity to work autonomously, as part of a team and across teams.
· Have a flexible and enthusiastic approach to work with a strong appetite to learn and develop.
· Have strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities.
· Able to plan work, manage time effectively and ensure timely completion of all deliverables.
· Able to effectively and efficiently solve problems and make decisions.
· Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and in particular an ability to effectively communicate complex concepts.
· Have proven knowledge of the reporting requirements of CIFRS and EU IFRS
· Be a competent user of MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
· Have experience of operating accounting packages (SAP would be ideal)
· Be committed to working in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
1. Communication and influencing
2. Problem solving and decision making
3. Building and maintaining relationships
4. Drive for results
The Company reserves the right to draw up a shortlist of candidates for the next stage of the selection process.