An exciting opportunity has arisen with one of my most engaging financial clients, the requirement is for a Senior Technical Test Engineer based in Dublin city centre.
When building software, you go through many stages. From initial requirements to product launch, it's integral to ensure that everything works according to specification.
As a technical test engineer, you will be responsible for the development of the QA function in order to ensure maximum efficiency upon release
you will take part in various projects, assessing software quality by designing and implementing software testing processes. You will take ownership of code quality through exploratory and automated tests. You will hunt bugs, identify issues, report them, and see that they're dealt with.
- Review and analyze requirements, specifications, and technical design documents, providing timely feedback
- Develop detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- develop the QA function by implementing "best practice"
- Design, develop and execute automated tests
- take ownership of the direction of the QA function
- Perform regression/ performance testing
- engage with the development team and liaise with major stakeholders within the business
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- strong programming skills
- commercial experience with Ruby Highly desirable
- ISTQB (Advantageous)