Senior Project Manager- Actuarial & Underwriting
Our client, a leading Lloyd's Insurer based in the City of London, is actively looking for a Senior Project Manager with TOM Design exposure to join them on a contract basis (6 months with view to extend up to 18 months). The selected individual will be involved in the design and delivery of the Target Operating Model across on of the organisation's underwriting division.
- Work with the business SMEs to identify the future TOM
- Work with the business to plan and execute a new Target Operating Model for the Underwriting Division
- Creating a clear project plan and ensuring milestone and budget expectations are met
- Work closely with relevant business and IT teams to ensure that appropriate solutions are put in place
- Develop business cases for projects
- Take part in regular SteerCo meetings and provide progress reports to the board
- Develop and actively manage project plans & budgets
- Manage any project risks and issues arising, including escalating within the agreed governance framework
- Work closely with all relevant stakeholders to ensure deliverables are met
- A proven track record in the end to end design and delivery of Target Operating Models, preferably within an Underwriting business unit
- Experience in working with a complex matrix of business SMEs, IT teams and 3rd party vendors
- Experience working closely with Actuarial functions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage projects from design through to implementation
- The ability to set up a programme PMO function if required
- Strong understanding of risk management and governance framework
- Experience working within Insurance is essential, reinsurance is desirable.
This role is offered on a 6-month basis; however, this programme has an expected duration of 12-18 months so the likelihood for extension is strong. It will be based in The City of London at a rate of circa £650-750 a day. If this opportunity is of interest, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.