My international financial services clients are seeking a Senior IT Program Manager to join their team on a contract basis.
Senior Program Manager
The ideal candidate required will possess the right balance of technical project management know-how along with influencing and relationship building skills necessary to drive projects to a successful conclusion and within challenging deadlines. Ultimately, this candidate will be the core liaison between our global business functions and the IT department, being comfortable translating the requirements of each department and ensuring an alignment exists between the project stakeholders.
The key responsibilities include:
- Manage project scope and deliverables through a structured change management process to ensure customer expectations are met whilst protecting corporate objectives. Manage change control through planning and communication as requirements and priorities shift.
- Program delivery from original concept through to final implementation, ensuring delivery on-time and within budget full SDLC
- Manage and lead a team of multi-disciplinary teams project managers across multiple sites.
- Manages a diverse set of senior stakeholders to ensure the program has the needed sponsorship and support as c-suite level
- Identify risk factors and showcase problem solving skills to overcome and prevent risk. Develop contingency plans, or adjust project scope, resources, or time lines as needed. Negotiate with and/or influence senior management to resolve program or project level challenges.
- Support the Business Analysts in the Business Process Management team in controlling project scope to ensure successful project delivery in accordance with specified deadlines
- Travel will be required for this role to support the needs of the business
- Performs duties and makes complex decisions and recommendations under limited supervision, applying a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of departmental and cross-departmental teams
- Proven C-suite level communication (verbal & written) and Interpersonal Skills
- Maintains a positive attitude in face of adversity and competing priorities
- Capable of managing across borders and cross organisational boundaries
- Clear Leadership skills and commercial acumen
- Third level degree is required
- 10 + years of experience, running complex programs of work (Both formal project management methodologies & Agile)
- Please provide details of formal project management certifications
- Knowledge of Financial Services/ Insurance Industry Sector useful but not essential