Senior Network Engineer (m/w) 100%
Location - Zurich
Due to rapid growth of a leading Financial Services company, who are undergoing a new Tech initiative, we are looking to support the expansion of the companies Network and Security team to support their Corporate Infrastructure teams. You will be part of a highly skilled and ambitious team to support the high demands of new technology introductions. If you are looking for an opportunity to be part of a team that can shape the future of a global multinational leader, then we look forward to your application.
- Provide security operations technical leadership to promote best practices across delivery units.
- Act as primary interface to delivery units to align and define working practice and workload within security operations.
- Lead the delivery of network solutions including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and other network hardware appliances.
- Supervise and develop a Service Desk Engineer
- Provide security operations input to the implementation of the maintenance programmes and audit said programmes
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Multiple years working experience in IT security combined with following technologies: network layer 2 and 3, firewalling (stateful, application, proxy)
- University degree or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of common network protocols, packet formats and common DDoS attack types and security vulnerabilities
- Experience with Cloud technologies e.g. MS Azure
- Certifications in Cisco CCNP/CCIE Security Preferred.
- Understand WAN/LAN and transport technologies (Ethernet, Frame Relay, DMVPN, WAAS and MPLS).
- SD-WAN (IWAN, Viptela) experience is desirable but not essential.
- English business proficiency in reading and writing, German is a plus