This is a full-stack .Net development role, for one of Oliver James' Key Clients - a leading underwriter in the prestigious Lloyds of London market. This position will be working alongside other senior developers delivering solutions as per business demand. The role requires broad industry and development knowledge plus strong soft skills to enable engagement and participation in various business initiatives.
Some of the key responsibilities are as below;
- Playing a key role in delivering technology solutions meeting business needs, where required as the Senior Developer/Technical Lead for various systems.
- Creating high-level designs that feed into the architectural process allied to this producing internal design documentation and/or co-creation of technical specifications.
- Has a continuous improvement mentality, adopts and improves the DevOps capabilities within the team and demonstrating a behaviour/test-driven attitude to development.
- Ongoing collaboration with IT Developers, Quality Assurance and others during the delivery cycle, embracing and developing delivery methodology chosen, typically scrum.
- Collaboration with other parties (internal teams within the business and also with external suppliers) where the delivery of solutions impinges upon them.
- The successful candidate will have experience working in a similar position within the London Insurance Market, with a background in systems delivery for Syndicate-focused solutions. They will also have a proven track record of the broader responsibilities related to solution delivery, not just coding, e. the role must be comfortable working with business stakeholders at all levels.
- A minimum of five years in an IT Development and Design capacity, including all aspects of solution design.
- A broad exposure to the agile methodology for delivery, performing the developer role in small virtual teams as per demand.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft/.Net Development environments essential.
- Knowledge of the latest web development technologies and frameworks.
- Strong experience of test-driven development and the frameworks employed to implement.
- Knowledge of DevOps environments and solutions.
- Specific applications (either in-house developed, or vendor-provided) and/or technology areas which would be advantageous for the candidate to have work with before include; (Portals/Intranets - Workflow solutions, Document Management Systems, Policy Administration Systems, Messaging/Integration/ESB platforms)
- Experience creating design documentation.
- Good experience of Selenium, SpecFlow, Knockout, Kendo UI, TFS and K2 advantageous.