Oliver James Associates Switzerland are currently supporting a leading Private Banking group in Zurich in their search for an experienced Senior Legal & Compliance Officer.
My client is an exceptional Private Banking business operating across the globe with key offices in all global hubs. You will sit in a compliance function in a team of qualified attorneys who are responsible for design and maintenance of legal and compliance frameworks within the Wealth Management unit.
- General legal advice to all units within the Wealth Management Business
- You are responsible for the legal support of M&A transactions and corporate restructurings
- Presentable and comfortable in front of internal and external clients discussing sensitive/difficult topics
- Shows initiative, identifies risks and presents new ideas for Compliance matters
- Comfortable in a high-pressure environment a dynamic, changing environment
- Ensuring compliance with laws, regulations, guidelines and directives, and conducting compliance training
- Fluency English and German with additional languages such as Italian and French preferred
- You help to expand the team and take on a role model function towards younger team members
Required Key Skills:
- Completed law degree (lic. Iur.) And additional training as a lawyer
- Minimum 5 years professional experience
- Broad understanding of Swiss & European Financial Services regulation (MiFID, GDPR, Cross Border etc.)
- Relevant experience in financial market and corporate law
- Strong background relating to Financial Crime topics within Wealth Management
- Experience presenting to committees, fielding questions and defending your decisions with credibility
To learn more about this opportunity please email your CV and contact details directly to Nicky.Walsh@ojassociates.com. Alternatively, if this sounds like an interesting opportunity for somebody within your network, please get in touch to refer them.