My client, a leading systematic Hedge Fund, is looking for a Senior Java Developer to join their trading and technology team. Candidate must have excellent Java programming (Java 8+), a strong knowledge of financial products (equities, fx or futures) with ideally experience working on systematic trading infrastructure and/or low latency design.
The firm is an investment manager specialising in quantitative and systematic trading. Headquartered in London, it has around 50 people working in its office . It has two distinct and complementary business lines in asset management and market making.
As an asset manager, they provides quantitative investment strategies to external investors. The firm believes that markets are fundamentally inefficient. The application of scientific analysis across a wide range of financial markets allows us to capture those inefficiencies. This relies on a systematic approach to managing risk using our own sophisticated mathematical techniques. The trading runs continuously, 24 hours a day, with trades generated automatically in response to changing market conditions.
Through the Prime brand, the firm provides electronic liquidity to a wide range of clients. A sophisticated technology platform allows the efficient market making of a variety of asset classes including FX and index swaps to a range of different client types and trading styles. Systems are architected to meet the challenges of modern markets, with high message rates and large bursts of orders all part of normal operation.
The majority of the firm's trading platforms are sophisticated software environments owned and built by in-house teams. We typically use Java for server-side development, C# for GUIs and Python for monitoring. As part of the small, highly skilled Trading & Technology team, your role will be to design, develop and maintain these software platforms to support changing business needs. This can be anything from working with real-time market data feeds, coding of mathematically involved trading models, tuning high throughput order execution platforms or any other aspect of a technical and automated trading environment. The platforms are continually under active development and there is always new development work going on. As you would expect from a quantitative environment, there is a close relationship between Research and Trading & Technology and the teams sit together in a shared working space.
We would expect you to have most of the following skills or attributes:
- Strong academic background in a numerate subject
- Outstanding coding skills with a passion for technology
- Disciplined approach to software design and release
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Desire to improve existing practises
- Strong technology skills, ideally Java
It would be a bonus if you have any of these skills:
- Postgres, KDB database skills
- Comfortable with the Linux command line
Responsibilities would include:
- Trading system design and strategy implementation.
- Analysis and system optimisation
- Implementation and support of the IS Prime FX execution platform.
- Pricing, PnL and order analysis using KDB+/Q
- Development of KDB+ feed-handlers for price and order capture.
- Load testing and regression testing harness development
- Design and Implementation of risk monitoring checks.