My client, a leading systematic hedge fund, is looking for a Senior Java Developer to join their trading and technology team. This team is responsible for the entire trading and technology stack for the hedge fund. Individuals must have strong core Java and be creative problem solvers. Experience in systematic trading technology is desirable but not essential.
We typically use Java for server-side development, C# for GUIs and Python for monitoring. As part of the small, highly skilled Trading & Technology team, your role will be to design, develop and maintain these software platforms to support changing business needs. This can be anything from working with real-time market data feeds, coding of mathematically involved trading models, tuning high throughput order execution platforms or any other aspect of a technical and automated trading environment. The platforms are continually under active development and there is always new development work going on. As you would expect from a quantitative environment, there is a close relationship between Research and Trading & Technology and the teams sit together in a shared working space.
We would expect you to have most of the following skills or attributes:
- Strong academic background in a numerate subject
- Outstanding coding skills with a passion for technology
- Disciplined approach to software design and release
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Desire to improve existing practises
- Strong technology skills, ideally Java
It would be a bonus if you have any of these skills:
- Postgres, KDB database skills
- Comfortable with the Linux command line
Responsibilities would include:
- Trading system design and strategy implementation.
- Analysis and system optimisation
- Implementation and support of the IS Prime FX execution platform.
- Pricing, PnL and order analysis using KDB+/Q
- Development of KDB+ feed-handlers for price and order capture.
- Load testing and regression testing harness development
- Design and Implementation of risk monitoring checks.