Sector: Investment Management, Investment Banking and Systems
Job Title: IT Manager
- Point of contact for all issues related to all trading and IT systems within the company.
- To assist all staff on technical, non-technical and support issues as required.
- To persistently strive to enhance knowledge of IT topics that may benefit the company or members of staff within the company.
- To maintain/update/create accurate documentation.
- Able to remove inefficiencies through automation.
- Line management responsibility of one member of staff.
- Best endeavours out of hours support, bank holiday and weekend coverage.
The business have recently bought IT infrastructure back in house away from a managed service provider. Working with a 3rd party to provide out of hours monitoring and additional support when needed ad-hoc, it will be the IT managers main responsibility to support this environment.
The network is comprised of two datacentres and three offices two in London and one in California. Hands on support and development of this platform will be the primary day to day responsibility of the IT manager. There is various connectivity to other service providers and partner companies. The technology stack is as follows:
- Microsoft Server 2016
- Windows 10 Desktop environment
- Exchange 2016
- Azure O365
- Vmware 6.0
- SQL server 2014-2016
- Huawei Switching/Routing
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Scripting/programming skills/SQL.
- Avaya 500v2 Server Edition
In addition the IT manager will also support various applications used within the firm.
- EZE PMS Tradar
- Sage 200
- Various Web Based EMS's
- Bespoke in house developed applications (STP/FIX)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Interest in financial services and computer technology.
- A strong commitment to working as part of a team and providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment and can multi-task.
- Must have a desire to enhance, bring on and improve anything they touch.