Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Lead/assist with the more complex internal Information Technology (operational and contractual), MARS/SOX audits, reviews, validation, and compliance
- Prepares Information Technology auditing and operational analysis/results for inclusion in presentations to Senior Management and the Board of Directors (Audit Committee).
- Acts as content expert to perform reviews, validations, and compliance assessments and then track through remediation of action plans provided by issue owner. Additionally, provides consultation to IT Staff. Function in liaison role with NGHC IT projects.
- Participates in the review and evaluation of existing and proposed Information Technology internal controls of manual and automated operations to safeguard company assets and to comply with government regulations
- Reviews accounting/auditing/information technology issues and procedures and makes recommendations regarding the implementation of accounting policies
- Lead/assist with additional Information Technology audit assignments as requested
- Works with external auditors, insurance examiners, and other compliance outside agents to answer questions and provide backup
- Ability to maintain and grow relationships with internal and external customers using effective communication and interaction skills
- Ability to multi- task while independently and effectively prioritizing work using time management, initiative, project management and problem solving skills
- Attend training and development seminars to enhance job performance
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Typically has a minimum of 5 years of prior IT and/or Information Technology auditing experience
- Working knowledge of statutory accounting principles (STAT)
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Thorough knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley regulation (SOX)
- Thorough knowledge of NIST, COBIT, or other information security requirements.
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting and financial reporting systems (such as Oracle, Corp Financial Applications, Windows, etc…)
- Thorough knowledge of IT General Controls
- Working knowledge Risk Management
- Experienced IT auditing skills with respect to controls and control validation; operational auditing experience with ability to recognize improvement opportunities
- Broad knowledge of information systems. Understanding of potential risks around software, hardware platforms, processes, and interfaces
- Advanced in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and VISIO) and basic SQL knowledge
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)