We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Accountant to join one of the worlds largest and most respected reinsurance businesses. This role will be based within the group function over sighting 6 division units, reporting directly to the AVP and VP of Technical Accounting. The business is multi-faceted, turns over close to $20bn and operates all over the globe.
The role itself will be responsible for financial reporting, FP&A, process improvement, team building & leadership and working with senior management to assist with strategic decision making.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Assist with quarterly closing tasks to monitor results.
- Assist in quarterly IFRS and STAT Technical Reporting process
- Assist in preparation of management reports, quarterly and year-end financial and statutory reports.
- Assist with compilation of information for financial audits
- Assist with Ad-hoc analysis and requests for general ledger financial information.
- High School graduate. Some College preferred.
- ARe, CPCU courses, CPA or other industry certificates and courses a plus
- 2-8 years of accounting experience within a reinsurance or insurance company.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsfot Word and excel.
- Excellent analytical skills.