Leading Insurance company is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their finance team to assist with Statutory and Regulatory reporting as well as planning & analysis. Excellent opportunity to get involved with Project work also.
Statutory & Regulatory Reporting
- Preparation of the monthly/quarterly/annual accounts and reports to meet reporting deadlines
- Carry out detailed analytical review on the monthly/quarterly/annual accounts.
- Continuous review of internal controls and procedures to ensure adequate financial and non-financial checks and balances are in place to safeguard validity of the balance sheet
- Main point of contact for internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with the Finance Change Lead to implement any required changes to the insurance entities.
- Timely compliance with internal and external audit recommendations.
- Delivery of quarterly Solvency II reports for the Ireland business line in conjunction with the Solvency II/Regulatory Lead.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver the Regulatory/Statutory timetable in conjunction with the Financial Controller and Head of Finance Statutory & Regulatory Reporting.
- Build and maintain internal and external business relationships to ensure the delivery of quarterly and annual Statutory & Regulatory Reporting deadlines.
- Take ownership for the delivery of the reporting for the Corporate Solution business line ensuring that all outputs are accurate and that there are sufficient controls in place.
- Undertakes project work in addition to operational responsibilities as the business need arises.
- Manage the liquidity and treasury monitoring across the business.
- Develop, foster, and maintain strong working relationships with all key stakeholders across Finance, Client Services, support functions, Internal and external audit.
- Work with the Finance change lead in the implementation and rolling out of any changes that impact the Ireland & Bermuda business lines.
- Attendance at governance meetings/committees as required.
Planning & Analysis, Corporate Reporting
- Work closely with the Corporate Team in order to produce accurate MI and Balanced Scorecards to reflect the performance of the business lines.
- Work with the FP&A Manager so that the results can be accurately analysed and variances versus plan explained in a detailed and meaningful way.
- Assist in building the 5-year business plans when required.
- Work on any initiatives or projects in conjunction with overall organisation.
Required Qualification & Experience:
- A qualified accountant with post qualification experience in a financial services environment and evidenced continuous professional development (CPD).
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Strong Analytical skills - Interprets quantitative and qualitative information to achieve a cost effective business-related objective.