Senior Financial Accountant - Urgent Role
Leading Insurance company is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their finance team to assist with Statutory and Regulatory reporting as well as planning & analysis. Excellent opportunity to get involved with Project work also.
Statutory & Regulatory Reporting
- Preparation of the monthly/quarterly/annual accounts and reports to meet reporting deadlines
- Carry out detailed analytical review on the monthly/quarterly/annual accounts.
- Continuous review of internal controls and procedures to ensure adequate financial and non-financial checks and balances are in place to safeguard validity of the balance sheet
- Main point of contact for internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with the Finance Change Lead to implement any required changes to the insurance entities.
- Timely compliance with internal and external audit recommendations.
- Delivery of quarterly Solvency II reports for the Ireland business line in conjunction with the Solvency II/Regulatory Lead.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver the Regulatory/Statutory timetable in conjunction with the Financial Controller and Head of Finance Statutory & Regulatory Reporting.
- Build and maintain internal and external business relationships to ensure the delivery of quarterly and annual Statutory & Regulatory Reporting deadlines.
- Take ownership for the delivery of the reporting for the Corporate Solution business line ensuring that all outputs are accurate and that there are sufficient controls in place.
- Undertakes project work in addition to operational responsibilities as the business need arises.
- Manage the liquidity and treasury monitoring across the business.
- Develop, foster, and maintain strong working relationships with all key stakeholders across Finance, Client Services, support functions, Internal and external audit.
- Work with the Finance change lead in the implementation and rolling out of any changes that impact the Ireland & Bermuda business lines.
- Attendance at governance meetings/committees as required.
Planning & Analysis, Corporate Reporting
- Work closely with the Corporate Team in order to produce accurate MI and Balanced Scorecards to reflect the performance of the business lines.
- Work with the FP&A Manager so that the results can be accurately analysed and variances versus plan explained in a detailed and meaningful way.
- Assist in building the 5-year business plans when required.
- Work on any initiatives or projects in conjunction with overall organisation.
Required Qualification & Experience:
- A qualified accountant with post qualification experience in a financial services environment and evidenced continuous professional development (CPD).
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Strong Analytical skills - Interprets quantitative and qualitative information to achieve a cost effective business-related objective.
- Dublin South, Dublin
- 27 days ago
Responsible for the entire quarter end close including the review and posting of all required journal entries within Group closing deadlines, to ensure compliance with Group accounting standards. Responsible for the preparation of local GAAP results on a quarterly basis for European bra... Read More
Financial Reporting Accountant
- Manchester, Greater Manchester
- £42000 - £48000 per annum + Desirable Package
- 23 days ago
I am currently recruiting for a Financial Reporting Accountant on behalf of a Travel client based in Manchester. Requirements for this role: Ability to provide technical accounting expertise to support the Group Finance functions Experience in a Reporting/Audit role Participate in the d... Read More
Financial & Regulatory Reporting Accountant
- City of London, London
- £350.00 - £450.00 per day
- 15 days ago
Primarily to ensure all external reporting is complete, accurate and timely reported on, to improve the process of reporting, being involved in future requirements, and assisting the Head of Regulatory and Statutory Reporting with any ad-hoc reporting and testing. To assist the Head in ... Read More
Financial Accountant - Insurance - London - Up to £60k+ package
- City of London, London
- Up to £60000 per annum + Benefits
- 23 days ago
I am currently recruiting a Financial Accountant on behalf of a market leading Lloyd's Syndicate. This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified accountant that's well-versed in the Lloyd's market to become a part of one of the strongest and most successful finance teams in the City of... Read More