Senior Finance Business Partner - Yorkshire
Lead the finance activity for your assigned business unit. Supporting the business unit executive team, help implement divisional strategy with particular focus on financial matters. Maximise profitability through the proactive review and analysis of individual business performance.
Partner the senior leaders of the business unit, supporting the business unit's executive team with making financial decisions. Be a core member of the group finance leadership team. Identify potential difficulties and generate workable solutions and make rational judgments by considering consequences and risks in order to assess the timing for a decision.
Ensure your business unit results are reported in a timely and accurate manner, and that detailed management information for the Division and Group is maintained. Sustain a strong financial internal control framework within the confines of overall Group policies and procedures.
Business Partnering & Leadership
- Work alongside the business unit leaders to help the business unit to deliver on its strategic goals and targets.
- Use financial analysis to facilitate change by working closely with, or providing a service to, a number of different departments
- Empower others to reach financial goals of the business unit.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business unit leader, influencing and assisting senior leader to make key decisions. Act as key stakeholder and challenger on operational leadership decisions
- Present key points of an argument persuasively by changing other people's views to influence their decision
- Balance business partnering requirements with appropriate financial governance, whilst supporting a complex, and rapidly changing business
- Manage key stakeholders across the group, from the business unit leads to the Finance Leadership team
- Ability to approach the business with a forward looking perspective
- Improve impact and understanding of financial reporting on business performance
- Build business models to assess potential of new business opportunities
Monthly Reporting & MI
- Overall responsibility for the review of all financial matters within the assigned business unit, including accounting, , cash management, aged debtors, preparation/ review of management information and financial aspects of corporate governance
- Ensure that business performance is measured, analysed, explained and understood through the delivery of key performance indicators on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis as appropriate.
- Understand results and trends within the business, providing analysis that allows leadership teams to deliver on their operational responsibilities and take actions to drive performance
- Drive the process of improvement in the quality, usability and insightfulness of management information, delivering MI to manage the business
- Develop an understanding and analysis of the profitability of the differing streams of business to drive the strategy for the division
- Develop and produce ad hoc analysis at a business unit level to support senior finance leadership.
- Drive and add to the successful execution of the Finance Transformation Programme
Budgeting, Forecasting & Planning
- Accountable for the annual Business Plan for the assigned unit, and quarterly reforecasts. Develop and lead delivery of high quality presentations in relation to budgets, Monthly Business Reviews and QBRs, driving quality of insightful commentary, and commercial challenge
- Improve budget and forecast processes, working closely with the business and group FP&A teams
- Review the overall Business Plan in line with the groups/ divisions longer term plans and objectives, and provide inputs to the strategic planning process
- Support the audit programme (internal / external as appropriate) and implement recommendations to ensure compliance with the company's accounting philosophies and procedures, as well as its appetite for risk
- Nurtures existing and potential relationships to help achieve the finance business unit's strategic plans.
- Support finance transformation programmes across the business to deliver target operating model and centres of excellence for IBA, divisional accounting and business partnering
- Develop staff to ensure that the Finance business unit is adequately resourced with well-motivated and competent staff.
- Identify training needs to resolve common gaps in knowledge and skills.
- Ensure that all changes in company philosophy, legislation and accounting rules are fed down to the Finance business unit.
- Education - Degree educated (or equivalent).
- Specialised Knowledge - Insurance industry knowledge preferable
- Skills - Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint skills to advanced level
- Professional Certification - ACA/ACCA/CIMA with industry experience
- Experience - Previous experience as finance business partner for a medium to large business unit
Finance Business Partner
- South Yorkshire, England
- £50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits
- 24 days ago
Title: Finance Business Partner Location: South Yorkshire or North Yorkshire Salary: Up to £60,000 + Benefits A highly-acquisitive financial services provider, part of an international group, is looking for a commercially astute Finance Business Partner to join the growing team. You wil... Read More
Business Partner - Insurance Broking
- London, England
- £75000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
- 4 days ago
My client are a market leading Broker based in the City and they're looking for an experienced qualified accountant with experience working within an FP&A function in an Insurance Broking environment. Job Title: Business Partner Salary: £70,000-£80,000 + Bonus + Benefits Location: Londo... Read More
Senior Associate - Corporate Finance
- White Plains, New York
- 20 days ago
Our client is seeking a candidate to join the finance group as a Senior Accountant, Corporate Finance. The Corporate Finance team is a critical part of the Company's finance reporting process, and this individual will be an integral part of the growing team. Assist in the preparation an... Read More
Senior Business Controller
- Zeist , Utrecht
- 3 days ago
Als senior business controller krijg je alle ruimte om je in te zetten voor een breed scala van uitdagende thema's. Je hebt contact met verschillende mensen door de hele organisatie, adviseert met overtuiging het senior management en de Raad van Bestuur over complexe vraagstukken en gee... Read More