The Senior Enterprise Architect role is to develop and mature an enterprise-wide architecture practice with the responsibility for providing strategic direction in line with both Business and IT strategies.
The role will define and deliver business and IT architectures building on strategy, principles and guidelines and standards whilst delivering high quality architectural designs and models. The emphasis is on delivering value not just minimizing risk.
The role needs to be able to provide strong leadership and guidance on all areas of Enterprise Architecture, as well as other core architecture disciplines including Data Architecture
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & DELIVERABLES
- Responsible for maturing the Enterprise Architecture capability by providing direction, guidance and frameworks to the wider Architecture team and Head of Architecture
- Defining the Enterprise Architecture engagement model with both the Enterprise and Solutions teams, wider IT and business teams
- Defining Business Architecture to direct business improvement / change. This provides the alignment of Business and IT Strategies, Business Roadmaps, Capabilities, Process Maps and value driven information
- Working with the leadership team to define Business and IT Strategy
- Build and align business and technology roadmaps to deliver strategic architecture
- Building and communicating the strategic direction to maximise operational delivery
- Build effective relationships with stakeholders across the companies functions
- Evidence of thinking cross-functionally and cross-organisationally
- Provide value-driven assessment to provide decision-making information to the groups leadership
- Providing input and direction on wider Architecture topics including Data & Solutions Architecture
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Experience of enterprise architecture, including the following disciplines:
- Business Architecture/ Applications/systems Architecture/ Data/Information Architecture/ Solutions Architecture/ Infrastructure Architecture (including cloud)
- Knowledge and experience of implementing and integrating typical insurance applications in large scale corporations
- Experience of the acquisition process including system onboarding, integration and data migration
- Experience of data strategy, qualifying the business value of data and the merits of different data solution paradigms, including data warehouses and data lakes
- Knowledge of the relevant legislative/regulatory frameworks and professional standards both within the IT industry and global insurance markets
- Strong understanding of legacy and current technologies including cloud and it's adoption
- Practical experience of one or more architecture frameworks and associated architecture development methods, TOGAF certified or equivalent.
- Strong decision making skills with the ability to analyse risks and resolve complex issues in a pressurised environment.
- Lead/Senior Enterprise Architecture position held in the past and experience of building an Enterprise Architecture function
- Proven capability in the development and provision of Strategy, capability modelling, value driven analysis, business process modelling, governance and full architectural development methods
- Work experience in the Insurance industry
- Proven delivery capability of large-scale projects in an Agile environment