Senior Data Engineer (AWS)
Senior Data Engineer - Charlotte - Contract to Hire
Oliver James Associates are currently partnering with the Enterprise Data Organization (EDO) of a market leading Insurance carrier in Charlotte who are seeking a Senior Data Engineer responsible for modernizing a portfolio of Data Assets, Reports and Dashboards supporting Enterprise Business Operations team across Small, Middle and Large Commercial. This modernization effort is one of the top 10 priorities for EDO.
The ideal Senior Data Engineer is a seasoned engineer who has proven track record of designing, developing and maintaining large scale Data assets across data warehouses, data marts or data processes, leveraging next generation of data and analytic technology stack across AWS Cloud, Talend, Snowflake and Big Data (HDFS, Hive, Spark, PySpark).
- Modernize and implement the transformation roadmap for Enterprise Business Operations using a new data reference architecture leveraging AWS cloud, Talend, Snowflake and Big Data (HDFS, Hive, Spark, PySpark) tech stack. Transformation will focus on addressing challenges across legacy tech stack data freshness issues, speed of deliver and quality.
- Be a thought leader and organization change agent who can drive a technology step change by enabling business while simplifying the data environment and improving speed of delivery.
- Provides technical leadership, mentoring, and coaching to technical team
- Senior member of the Technical COE reviewing and approving design patterns across the portfolio team* Enables a high performing team that has a culture of continuous learning, collaboration, and is focused on business outcomes
- Possesses functional knowledge and skills reflective of a competent practitioner with the ability to deliver on work of highest technical complexity
- Prepares charts, tables and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems, utilizing various business, scientific, engineering and mathematical techniques. Analyzes existing system and programming logic to provide more efficient machine operations or to identify difficulties, and revises the logic and procedures involved as necessary
- Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost-effective solution for the systems design.
- 7 years of experience in design and development of large-scale Data assets across data warehouses, data marts or data processes.
- 1 to 3 years of experience leveraging next generation of data and analytic solution suite using AWS Cloud, Talend, Snowflake and Big Data (HDFS, Hive, Spark, PySpark) Technologies.
- In depth knowledge of Data management and/or BI strategies, principles and practices including experience with framework for data quality, data governance, stewardship and metadata management.
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in Management Information Systems, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, or another related field
- Experience working in Agile team structure* Stay abreast of industry trends, monitors and reviews best practices, and makes changes as necessary
- Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership/accountability, and results oriented with the ability to manage time and schedules effectively
- Natural curiosity with a strong desire to learn, maintain, and apply knowledge of emerging Data technologies, tools, methodology, and general best practices
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate with senior management. Knowledge of effective communication strategies and how to impact and influence others
- Property & Casualty insurance industry experience a plus
If interested please respond with an updated resume.
Senior Full Stack Engineer
- Hong Kong
- 8 days ago
Our client is a leading international insurance corporation. Working in their company is a great opportunity to gain exposure of big projects and resources of good training. They are now looking for: Senior Full Stack Engineer (7-8 years of experience) Full Stack Engineer (4-5 years of ... Read More
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
- Hong Kong
- 6 days ago
Our client is a leading international insurance corporation. They are now looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer. Working in their company is a great opportunity to gain exposure of big projects and resources of good training. Responsibilities: Work in Insurance Admin System Team of t... Read More
Senior Sales Engineer - Robotics
- Milano e provincia, Italia
- 7 days ago
Reports to: Country Manager ITA With a passion for automation and technology, you will show how our products can easily automate any complex business process for customers from all industries throughout the EU. Sales Engineers bring technical passion and experience with them and use thi... Read More
Senior DevOps Engineer / Up to 1200 CHF per day / Zurich
- Zürich, Switzerland
- Swiss Franc800 - Swiss Franc1200 per day
- 21 days ago
Location: Zurich Rate: 800-1200 CHF per day Contract: 12-24 months DevOps engineers with the ability to manage the interaction of a complex system within payments technologies are required by my client. You will be responsible for developing, optimising, and managing build pipelines, co... Read More