**Senior Data Engineer - London - Permanent - £70 - 80k basic plus package**
Role Purpose & Description
You will help teams across the company globally enhance their decision making and efficiency as you:-
- Identify, capture, cleanse, wrangle & label data
- optimise features & develop insightful visualisations & support predictive modelling
- setup and monitor data pipelines & create API's
- Liaise with IT to help ensure they provide the infrastructure & data management they need.
- Expert at data capture, cleansing, wrangling, and labeling.
- Effective capture & transformation of un/semi-structured data into tangible assets.
- Proficient in setup and monitoring of data pipelines
- Strong SQL user, preferably in a distributed computing environment like Hadoop
- Development experience with R or Python
- Good experience using NLP
- Effective user of data visualisation including proficiency in one of Arcadia, Tableau and Power BI or similar.
- Familiar with and comfortable accessing open, social media and third party data in various formats including JSON, XML.
- Competent utilising a range of API's for different purposes.
- Self-checks results to demonstrate reliability of inputs used and accuracy of calculated outputs.
- Proposes new approaches when necessary to address a new challenge or enhance existing approaches.
- Helps colleagues understand the benefits and differences of big data approaches & enables them to make the transition easily.
- Understands the data classification and security controls required within a regulated environment
- Displays a thoughtful, pragmatic, agile and commercial approach to development.
- Cares about and takes pride in the information / advice they provide.
- Skeptical regarding unexpected data issues & findings that lack / conflict with common-sense
- Enjoys working as a team, showing flexibility and a willingness to share knowledge
- 3 to 5 years of practical experience successfully engineering data in a commercial entity, improving their effectiveness and efficiency as a result
- a 2:1 or higher relevant degree