Security Engineer (Splunk) - Multinational Financial Services Organisation
London - Salary up to £60k
My client, a multinational FS business and one of the largest in their sector are looking to recruit a Security Engineer with specialist experience working with Splunk to join the Security Engineering office based in London
The company is looking for someone with the experience to help deploy, manage and maintain the AWS Splunk Infrastructure alongside supporting the wider Engineering teams.
- Support and administer a hybrid Enterprise Splunk platform
- Contribute to implementation of Splunk extensions/apps. Helping to configure and optimise searches across terabytes of data.
- Assist with platform tuning, process automation and configuration management alongside other service improvements.
- Implement monitoring to ensure the platform is running optimally.
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Experience of working in an agile environment.
- Knowledge of Architecture and Solution Delivery.
- Automation Deployment and Testing.
- Expert knowledge of Splunk including Common Information Model, RBAC and permissions, Data Models and Dashboards, Architecture and components, platform upgrades and Enterprise 6.x Cluster Administration for large scale deployments.
- Splunk advanced Search, Reporting and Splunk Enterprise Security.
- Linux operating system (Red Hat 6.5 & above preferred).
- Windows 2012 (and above) server administration.
- Experience in working with AWS cloud.
- Scripting experience in one or more of the following; Python / Bash / PowerShell.
- Basic Network Protocol knowledge (TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, UDP, etc).
This is a great opportunity to gain experience deploying Splunk in an international business with the support of a large Security team. There is an opportunity for progression and the chance to work alongside several highly experienced and knowledgeable Security professionals.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration or get in touch on 0203 861 9253 for more details and a confidential conversation regarding the role.