Our client is seeking to hire a Senior Credit Risk Manager for their growing Independent Risk Management area covering Europe based in Dublin City Centre
The Independent Risk Management function, headquartered in Dublin, acts as the second line of defense for the holistic management of risk across all business lines and locations of the firm. Within Independent Risk Management, the Credit Risk Team is responsible for the management of credit risk across all business lines and locations of the entity
The Senior Credit Risk Manager will be responsible for reviewing and managing all aspects of the Financial Institution (FI) credit portfolio. This will include ensuring the FI credit portfolio is compliant with the Credit Risk Framework, Credit Risk Policy and the Remedial Management Policy.
- Maintain and manage Credit portfolio, perform credit analysis and execute transactions.
- Provide recommendations about specific clients within the portfolio and provide monitoring of all extensions of credit for these names.
- Work with Head of Credit Risk on specific projects, including portfolio reviews, updating of credit processes within the portfolio, presentations to senior management, adherence to regulations and guidelines, IFRS 9 etc.
- Lead the delivery of risk reports/commentary to the Board, Risk and other relevant Committees along with regulators and senior management.
- Be involved with task forces on relevant topics such as expected credit loss models, IFRS 9 and credit portfolio stress testing.
- Lead components of ICAAP, Risk Appetite Statement, Pillar III Credit Disclosures and other ad-hoc regulatory or legal entity governance projects.
- Act as lead contact, if applicable, for information requests from Central Bank of Ireland, European Central Bank, External Auditors and Internal Audit.
- Experience and Skills
- Significant financial services experience including extensive years of credit experience in the FI space (Banks, Broker Dealers, Insurance, Funds, Hedge Funds).
- Understanding of EU / EBA credit regulations and guidelines, regulatory experience or relevant experience in a similar role is desirable.
- A deep knowledge of derivatives, capital market and transaction banking products, ISDA/other trading agreements and loan agreements is required.
- Considerable capital markets experience, strong analytical skills, and the ability to decompose complex transactions into the core risks while providing a holistic view.
- Very strong formal English language writing ability for documents and presentations.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and analytical skills. Ability to interact with very senior management and to build effective professional working relationships across the firm
- Post-graduate education in Finance, Financial Risk Management, or other quantitative discipline.