Job Title: Senior Consultant
Oliver James Associates is an award winning Recruitment Agency who has won multiple awards including a place on the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For and Global Recruiter 2016.
Established in 2002, Oliver James Associates has grown organically and consistently over the past 14 years to become a renowned search & selection organisation, with a current headcount of over 260 employees operating out of 9 offices in London, Manchester, Dublin, Amsterdam, Paris, Milan, Frankfurt, Zurich, New York, Hong Kong and Singapore. 2016 was an exciting year, with 81 promotions and 102 new hires and our turnover increased to £74 million
We are currently seeking a Senior Consultant to join our Manchester Head Office. As a Senior Consultant, you will be responsible for sourcing candidates within specific sectors whilst developing new business with clients.
- All Recruiters at Oliver James Associates operate in 360 roles, proactively headhunting candidates and developing and establishing new business relationships
- The successful applicant will be focused on building a profitable desk within the general insurance market, working closely with the existing team, sharing information and contacts and taking advantage of our extensive existing client base.
- You will be responsible for achieving set targets; KPI's will include an annual, quarterly and monthly revenue target, phone activity, CV's out (jobs and speculative), Interviews, Jobs and Headhunts which can all be reviewed on a weekly or monthly basis, and reported to the Senior Management team
- Defining client requirements whilst mapping out the organisational structure, the culture and clients annual growth plans
- Networking with candidates and clients frequently, organising networking events and client presentations
- Negotiating commercial terms with FTSE 150 companies, understanding the implication of the PSL for both permanent and contract hires
- Cross selling other disciplines and incorporating other business areas into the relationships cultivated
Who we're looking for
- A proven business developer and networker
- We are looking for confident, bright and resilient individuals who thrive in a competitive environment which is challenging yet rewarding. You must be able to work under pressure and be target driven
- A solid business mind and the gravitas to challenge prospective customers. You will have excellent communication skills, an impressive presence and demonstrate the ability to build long term business relationships.
- You must be able to display a track record of high achievement either in or out of work.
- Career minded individuals who are looking for a role with rapid progression based on merit
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Be a goal orientated individual
- Have the initiative to spot and capitalise on opportunities to up-sell and cross-sell
- Be a team player and yet capable of operating autonomously
- Demonstrate a high level of verbal communication skills
- Have a confident approach
- An innate desire to be successful and a willingness to make the commitment that this role requires as well as the resilience to deal with the inevitable challenges that a sales role brings
- A track record of high achievement in previous roles
These roles are aimed at individuals with high potential who are seeking a business that will invest in them, if you prove yourself then promotional opportunities are available. Recruitment experience is essential however specific sector experience is not. It is important that you demonstrate commitment and a genuine desire to achieve. In addition to the above you will be a team player, with a vibrant personality.
We work hard and enjoy ourselves at the same time. As well as a salary and market leading commission structure we offer Senior Consultants:
- Excellent Social Calendar - including High achiever incentives; Group Summer and Xmas Parties; Friday drinks every week; Frequent team nights out and events
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives - Extended lunch breaks for gym-goers; Fresh Fruit delivered daily
- Private Healthcare Insurance, provided by BUPA
- 23 days annual leave - including Christmas shut-down not requiring annual leave
- Other flexible benefits - including Cycle-to-work scheme, Childcare Vouchers
- Pension Contribution up to 4.5 %