Senior compliance officer global markets
Do you have a strong track record and expertise in a Global Markets Compliance environment? Are you a trusted advisor to senior management on key compliance topics such as Conflicts of Interest, Market Abuse and Investor Protection? The position available in the team takes a lead role in connecting with senior management of the various GM business units and works closely with them to continuously develop and improve the management of compliance risks.
- You will provide ad-hoc advice and guidance to the business (solicited or unsolicited) on the full range of compliance topics, including Conflicts of Interest, Duty of Care, Market Abuse, Personal Account Dealing, Cross Border Banking, etc.
- You will represent Compliance in Business Unit MT meetings and Committees.
- You will provide training and support to the business to continuously enhance awareness and understanding of compliance risks and regulations.
- You will keep track of deal pipelines and work closely with the business and the Global Control Room to ensure that deal-related risks are identified and managed.
- You will guide and oversee the business in their execution of key risk management processes such as Risk & Control Self-Assessments, Control Monitoring & Testing and Change Risk Assessments, as it relates to compliance risks.
- You will prepare insightful Compliance reports for the business.
- You will continuously liaise with business stakeholders to ensure appropriate action is taken to address identified issues.
- You will be the owner of a number of Group Compliance policies and contribute actively to the development and maintenance of the wider set of Compliance policies.
- You will participate in various projects and working groups.
- You will be a coach and mentor for other team members and take a lead role in the further development of the team.
Your working environment
This role is a senior role in the GM Compliance team, a team of 11 professionals. The team works closely with other teams within the wider Compliance department, including the local Compliance teams in each of the countries where the bank is present.ABN AMRO's Compliance department has a common goal: helping to build the trust of our clients, society and ABN AMRO staff, and therefore of our regulators and other stakeholders. It is our attitude, skills and knowledge which are key in reaching our goal to contribute to trust in ABN AMRO.Creating space for dreams and ambitions. Driven by passion, guided by expertise. That is the starting point in all that we think and do. This begins with a shared mind-set. Our compliance experts understand our business, products and clients and add value through a good relationship with all stakeholders. A continuous changing environment demands agility of our compliance experts: proactive adaptations, learning and improving. We operate independently and decisively, act as a sparring partner and are focused on solutions.The Compliance department monitors, identifies, analyses, assesses, reports and advises on compliance risks to which the bank may be exposed. Compliance serves as the point of contact for regulators (AFM, DNB, etc.) in a number of areas, including Cybercrime, Customer Focus and preventing abuses of our financial system such as money laundering and terrorist financing.
You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and are used to interacting with senior management, also on the difficult topics. You enjoy working as part of a team and are good at working with others. You have a high level of self-knowledge and want to keep on developing and improving. You are change-orientated and like working in a sector that is constantly evolving. Finally, you have keen analytical skills enabling you to get to the heart of a problem quickly and draw the appropriate conclusions. You are able to put things into perspective. Specific requirements:
- You have a minimum of 10 years work experience, of which at least 5 years in a Compliance relevant position in the financial services sector.
- You have a strong understanding of Global Markets banking and associated product sets.
- You have strong knowledge of relevant laws and regulations, including the Wft, MiFID II, MAD/MAR.
- You have the ability to identify and clearly explain regulatory compliance risks.
- You have a Master's degree in Business, Law or other relevant field.
- You are fluent in English and (preferably) in Dutch.
- You are a team player and contribute actively to the development of other team members.
Compliance Monitoring Officer
- London, England
- 10 days ago
I am currently recruiting for a specialist insurance company within the Lloyds of London Market who are currently looking for a compliance Monitoring Officer to come in and support the Head of Compliance Monitoring. Role Requirements; Monitoring reviews, including but not limited to: Pr... Read More
Compliance Monitoring Officer
- City of London, London
- 16 days ago
Oliver James Associates are currently representing a global Insurance business for a Compliance Monitoring Officer due to considerable internal and external growth. This is the chance to join an industry leading Compliance team monitoring and reporting on their Compliance appetite. With... Read More
- City of London, London
- 11 days ago
Oliver James are supporting an insurer in the City in their search for a Compliance Manager. Oliver James are currently representing an Insurer in their search for a Compliance Manager. The role is an autonomous role, and will report into the Head of Compliance of the organisation. In s... Read More
Compliance Business Partner
- North West England, England
- 9 days ago
In this role you will be the focal point of contact for all regulatory matters in advice and guidance. You will be pro active in your approach and communicate effectively with key business areas to establish good relationships. Please find below some of the roles and responsibilities:- ... Read More