Senior Compliance Officer
Oliver James Associates is currently supporting a leading specialist in financial services in their search for a Senior Compliance Officer. Primarily, the role involves an ability and willingness to support any of the Compliance Department's disciplines as required.
- Keep up-to-date with changes to regulatory requirements or implementation of new legislation and codes of practice, and determine whether any further monitoring activity is required by the business.
- Act as a centre of excellence for the Group in embedding compliant practices within the first line operations, including being involved in ad-hoc post implementation queries following legislative changes
- Develop a constructive and collaborative relationship with business areas
- Act with integrity and protect any sensitive information
Key Skills Required:
- Previous experience in a similar compliance monitoring or audit role in a FCA regulated environment
- Industry experience in either Financial services, Internal audit, Risk management
- Ability to assimilate and utilise new information, processes and training
- Excellent communication skills
- Embraces change and is able to influence
- Effectively prioritises tasks to ensure delivery meets critical deadlines
- Experience in report writing to a high standard within strict deadlines
- Appetite for learning and professional development
- Appropriate financial services industry and/or compliance qualification preferred
To learn more about this opportunity please email your CV and contact details directly to Chris.Ollerton@ojassociates.com. Alternatively, if this sounds like an interesting opportunity for somebody within your network, please get in touch to refer them.