Senior Business Analyst
Reporting to the Head of Change and Development the Senior Business Analyst is responsible for Business Analysis deliverables on a program, multiple projects and/or small changes across the business.
The Lead Business Analyst supports the Head of Change and Development in planning and estimating BA activities whilst still be tasked with completing business analysis deliverables including leading the process of gathering, elicitation, prioritisation, tracking and documenting of business requirements, business riles and benefits/disbenefits identification
- Perform business analysis and/or systems analysis on high profile, highly complex and/or strategic business initiatives
- Liaise with Business Stakeholders at all levels to ensure common understanding of business objectives and scope
- Analysis of business processes and systems and recommendations for their improvement with the use of modelling and statistical research
- Lead impact assessment, scoping and estimating of analysis activity within the portfolio and small change initiatives
- Work with business representatives and stakeholders at all levels of seniority to elicit their business requirements, using appropriate techniques e.g. workshops, questionnaires, 1:1 interviews etc.
- Use a combination of business and technical knowledge , determine the implication of feasibility of system design and integration working closely with architects and developers
- Support Business Stakeholders in the design and development of business processes and business process re-engineering.
- Communicate proposed solutions back to business stakeholders to ensure these meet with the business requirement
- Guide and mentor less experienced Business Analysts across the Change and Development department.
- Capture risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies both at a project and requirements level and communicate as appropriate
- Support Business Stakeholders with Benefits Management; specifically helping them with identification, definition, planning, tracking and realisation of business benefits within projects
- Attend Customer meetings to understand how we can support customer needs and provide Business Solutions that deliver a best in class Customer Service.
- Contribute to the gathering of demand from Business Stakeholders and may undertake the role of Business Relationship point of contact for key stakeholders
- Maintain excellent awareness of industry methods, tools and techniques and recommend changes to the existing processes where appropriate
- May manage a small team of business analysts to inspire high analysis services, continuous improvement and delivery to time and cost
- Assign work to team members and support the Head of Change and Development in the management of the supply/demand of Business Analysis resource
- Experience managing, coaching and developing a small functional team
- Experience in leading Business Analysis activity working with Senior Stakeholders
- Strong Stakeholder Management skills
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in Waterfall and Agile business analysis approaches